PDA

View Full Version : The new Yanda?

Captain Nomad
22nd Aug 2007, 12:34
Noticed on the latest jobs list that a CP is required for a new operation out of Sydney - charter and RPT. A quick search under the name implied in the email address brought up a nice looking website. Anyone know how these guys are going?

Best of luck to them and I hope they don't end up like the old Yanda. Perhaps this mob have their sights set even higher?

Bendo
22nd Aug 2007, 13:07
Capt Gonad,
I am not sure how you call these guys the "new Yanda". Their Website looks more like the "new Cirrus" than ST...! Cirrus always aspired to take over Yanda's ops but didn't make it before the Receivers called.

Although they say they have routes and terminals approved, they don't go out on a limb abd say where...

If they have bought Wyndham Aviation/Ord Air's AOC, does that mean Maxine has finally pulled the pin? :uhoh:

Re: Yanda
The "old" Yanda was much maligned by those who never flew for them and by only a few who did (one recently the subject of a much-discussed coroners report).

Yanda never so much as put a band-aid on a passenger in all their years of operation. They were shut down following a very unfortunate event that resulted in no injuries... unlike the Transair accident which killed 15 ...but CASA gave themselves 14 months to think about Transair afterwards, while Yanda fought and fought but was forced to concede defeat. :yuk:

PR and TR are great people who put their heart and soul into their business and continue to hold the respect of all the pilots I know who worked for them.

tail wheel
22nd Aug 2007, 13:16
Amen, Bendo! :ok:

And PR was very successful until cut down by incompetent bureaucracy. :yuk:

bizzybody
22nd Aug 2007, 13:28
ya know somehow i new this was gunna catch up with PPRUNE.

This is my operation (one of) and yes we are have bought maxines out.

We do have a chief pilot but he wont bew able to fill the position after 12 months time so we thought be be a good idea to bring someone in early enough to get them up to speed. I doubt many of you have ever gone down the track of applying for RPT but for the very few that have you can understand why it would best if done this way.

Bizz

(Bring it on)

Captain Nomad
22nd Aug 2007, 21:18
Wasn't meaning to bring any disrespect on any of the old Yanda drivers or their management. Can't say I have had much to do with either! Just mentioned their name in connection with this thread hoping that maybe a new operation with good gear will go really well and hopefully last a long time...! :) Plus it would appear this mob may be able to play in the same playground and I wish them all the best.

Good luck bizzy, will be interesting to hear how things progress! :ok:

kiwiblue
22nd Aug 2007, 22:28
All the best bizzybody, go hard man :ok: You seem to have a good attitude, hope you get the support you are going to need, here (fwiw) and everywhere else necessary.

bizzybody
22nd Aug 2007, 22:30
Thanks Captain thank Kiwi
It is a long application and i dont suspect it happening before June / July next year but we will keep at it.

Bizz

megle2
24th Aug 2007, 03:29
mmmm, the Chief Pilot won't be able to do it in 12 months time.

Maybe he is on 12 months leave from somewhere or knows he has a job coming up.
Most don't flag their future intentions that far forward.

bizzybody
24th Aug 2007, 09:24
well i think it is a very honerable thing to do... He knows where we are heading and he has told us that he may not be available to see the end of it so he gave us plenty of notice.

He could have just got up and left when he time came but he elected to tell us first..

besides he has been my chief pilot for a long time

Bizz

megle2
24th Aug 2007, 10:48
Can't argue with that.