PDA

View Full Version : Ex-FTA instructors in CX

Got the horn
22nd Aug 2007, 11:54
Are the many former FTA instructors in CX? I understand there is some sort of deal for return of service at FTA.

Cheers

SIC
23rd Aug 2007, 04:47
I doubt if there is a deal. One or two FTA guys have been hired - and having dealt with CX at the school might have helped - but they tend to be ex Air Force guys and therefore have more experience than flying a Duchess around a circuit.

WaldoPepper
24th Aug 2007, 06:10
I came from there but it was not called FTA at that time.

I was under the impression that if you did about 2 years service you had a good chance of getting an interview with CX. Almost everyone I know did. It didn't mean you got the job though.

As for experience, almost everyone I mentioned above including myself all had less than 2000 total hrs, and most of us had never seen a turbine. Remember this was about 7 years ago, and the industry was different then, requirements were not as high.

Got the horn
26th Aug 2007, 06:44
I'm heading that way shortly, great set up, good hours by the look of things. The CX thing was something mentioned in the interview.

Ta.

WaldoPepper
26th Aug 2007, 07:22
Just for the record, I did get an interview but didn't get the job. It was some years later that I got another interview and was successful then.

You'll certainly work hard there, but as you say, the hours are good. If you put in the effort to learn whilst you're there, there is no shortage of qualified experienced ground instructors. So if you ever wanted to know what the hell KAVARS are then you're in the right place!

Good luck.

WP