PDA

View Full Version : Denied Posting

Fareastdriver
22nd Aug 2007, 06:47
I have to make this short to get on. When I post a short reply there is no problem but when I compose something that takes twenty minutes to compose and corrrect it comes up 'with you are not registered' even though when you go back to the forums it still says 'welcome fareastdriver'. These are bog standard forums, not the restricted ones.

Duckbutt
22nd Aug 2007, 08:39
Same happens for me too, many's the most magnificient piece of literature that I have slaved over and which was subsequently lost to mankind forever cos of this.

Short term solution is to compose post in Word and cut 'n' paste to here.

Whirlygig
22nd Aug 2007, 09:11
If the Pprune does not detect any movement, it logs you out, I think, in about half an hour. However, if you have the "remember me" cookie, it will log you back in but only after you've lost what you've typed.

As said, type into Word and copy/paste (the font is Verdana 10 - indigo) or learn to touch type quickly like wot I do!!!

Cheers

Whirls

BOAC
22nd Aug 2007, 10:54
Easier to highlight your post in the box, (Edit/Select all) select 'copy' and repaste if it goes away?

Tosh McCaber
22nd Aug 2007, 13:43
Definitely, Word is the way to go for anything more than a line or two. Autocorrect is there as a bonus extra. Then copy, and paste into the PPrune box. I've lost too many pieces of magnificent text into hyperspace, both in Pprune and other sites. I always go this way now!

Fareastdriver
23rd Aug 2007, 03:57
Thanks a lot folks, at least it's not finger trouble.

Fareastdriver
23rd Aug 2007, 13:30
Sorry to be a bore, chaps. I thought I was a bit of a dab hand in shoveling bits and pieces around a computer but there aren't any cut & paste buttons on this page I'm looking at. How do you drag something out of Word and plant it on a Pprune post?

Saab Dastard
23rd Aug 2007, 14:02
I thought I was a bit of a dab hand in shoveling bits and pieces around a computer

And you have never found the following?

Select text,

Ctrl + C = copy
Ctrl + V = paste

Or Select text, right click, then Copy. Right click then Paste.

Or Select text, drag and drop to message pane.

That is if you are using Windows. No idea what a MAC user would do!

SD

Fareastdriver
23rd Aug 2007, 14:39
I am writing this in Word and following your instructions. By Christ it works! Thanks. Fareastdriver.

Tarq57
24th Aug 2007, 06:30
Can also be used for links. Vital tool. Saves much typing/looking up/typing again...

Fareastdriver
24th Aug 2007, 07:45
Thanks for all your time. Control + something is a shortcut and being a concientous proffessional pilot I never have used shortcuts before.:D:D:D:D

SyllogismCheck
24th Aug 2007, 09:46
Alternatively, quit using the incredibly cruddy Internet Explorer and use Firefox instead.

With Firefox, should you navigate away from a page in which you've filled in a form (such as the compose post window on this forum) and encounter a problem, clicking the 'back' button will return you to the previous page with any text you've entered thereon still present.

Clicking 'back' in IE will return you to the previous page just as well, only the fields will be blank, your nonpareil words of witticism lost forever.

Saab Dastard
24th Aug 2007, 16:53
Fareastdriver

being a concientous professional pilot I never have used shortcuts before.

I think you will find that these are SOPs!!

;)

SD