PDA

View Full Version : Shanghai or OKAY airlines and CAAC ATP

expatpilot4life
22nd Aug 2007, 06:04
Hello all, i have interviews coming up with these two. Can anyone tell me about them and also about taking the course to convert the FAA ATPL to Chinese one. Thanks!

Fareastdriver
23rd Aug 2007, 06:01
Should either take you on they will fix up your tempory Chinese validation on your FAA licence and subsequently your Chinese exams for your Chinese licence. Used to be, that is two years ago, an Airmans exam, (met, theory of flight, medical questions), English Comprehension and English RT test. Air Law was verbal. The Chinese medical is different but not too much trouble.
The CAAC produce CDRs with practice exams which your chosen company would have. Overall not too difficult but sometimes the questions are hard work to understand.
There is a thread on this forum 'Chinese Written Test', which will give you more information.

expatpilot4life
23rd Aug 2007, 11:59
Thanks, have you been working in China? I flew the B737 in India for awhile and wondering if its comparable.

co-joe
24th Aug 2007, 02:05
an ATPL exam mainly based on the FAA question bank (MET, Air Law, General Knowledge, Aerodynamics, 737/320 performance charts), have added more questions from the JAA and CASA to make it harder within the last two years. Passing mark is a 70%. Possibly an ICAO English exam...listening/speaking 30% and interview 70%. The medical is definitely in more detail than in North America, usually two day process but fairly straight forward.