PDA

View Full Version : New in Darwin

Di_Vosh
22nd Aug 2007, 03:49
G'day all,

I've just arrived in Darwin (new job) and am looking for accomodation for around 12 months.

Cheers,

DIVOSH!

tinpis
22nd Aug 2007, 03:54
Good on you Di, welcome :ok:

Yes you are probably correct,you will be looking for accommodation for about 12 months http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/laughpound.gif

Did yer bring munny? (LOTS?)

milehighsociety
22nd Aug 2007, 04:27
Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Chadzat
22nd Aug 2007, 05:34
Where has that Bagot gag gone? :}

tinpis
22nd Aug 2007, 05:38
Bagot?...um here (http://bulletin.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=141178) :}

Barkly1992
22nd Aug 2007, 09:47
I find it quite offensive and I am sure the modertaors do as well that every time someone talks about accommodation in Darwin it flushes out the racists comments and the "Bagot brigade".

Now I have lived in Darwin and been visiting it regularly since 1970 so I am well aware of what is being discussed. I see the same thing whenever people discuss flying in the Torres Strait - and I am currently involved for anumber of reasons with TS.

Racial vilification is still an offence in Australia.

:}

Jabawocky
22nd Aug 2007, 11:47
Barkly a fair point.

So to show we on PPRuNE are fair and giving of equal opportunity and not discriminating, lets talk about a few no aboriginal centres of violence against women, drunken or drug related crimes.

I'll start with Woodridge / Inala in Brisbane. No not all the community is bad, but neither is all the community in Bagot or Cherberg either.

In my opinion its not a black / white thing or race based, its BEHAVIOR based.

J

Bendo
22nd Aug 2007, 12:11
Jabba
I have family in Woodridge and it is plain as day that you are making a racial slur against all white people like me.
Just because my relations in Woodridge are unmarried, have two illegitimate children, smoke pot, race old motorcycles, own a Datto 260 and a 1954 Vauxhall, have separated, wear ughboots, and she has a tat of a rose on her right tit.... and my other lations are mentioned in Hansard as running a crack house in their rented Woodridge abode... just because of those things does not mean all of us white people are like that...
... you racist plick! :uhoh:

Bagot_Community_Locator
22nd Aug 2007, 12:19
I suggest you try the Bagot Community.

It is a small friendly close knit community of people and just the right place for itinerants (people like you).

It is situated right in the middle of suburbia Darwin and close to everything. It is just down the road from the airport and so very convenient for any pilot.

It is actually on the main road half way between the city and the Northern suburbs/Casuarina shopping complex/airport. It has its own bus stop with good transport links to all over Darwin.

I believe it even has its own "community" take away food store, otherwise McDonalds is only a 5 minute walk down the road. There are maybe also a few pay phones on site/on the main road so you can ring up for jobs/be in contact.

For those athletes, the complex even includes tennis/basketball courts with night lighting.

The local women their are also very friendly so you'll never be lonely.

This would be the perfect introduction to the Territory.

Accomodation is fairly cheap, as you can shack up with the locals for maybe a carton or beer otherwise you can just camp out anywhere in the open or in the street like many others freely do.

They have built a large fence around the complex to stop you wandering out on the main road and getting run over after you've had a few drinks too many.

It even has a locator beacon named after it, so you'll be reminded of the good old Bagot Community everytime you fly.

I suggest you give the Bagot Community a try. :ok:

morno
22nd Aug 2007, 13:11
I don't care how many times I read that, it's still funny everytime, :}:}.

And Barkly, who gives a sh!t. Thousands of people don't come back from a year up North saying how up to date and well organised, not to mention disciplined, our native Australians are (gee that took a lot of biting of the tongue). Rather, they take a page out of Triple J's book, and "Tell it like it is", :hmm:. I'm sick of people trying to stop people from speaking the truth. If I had even half the money the government gives out to these people each year, I'd be living in the Mediterranean on my yacht!

morno

SmokingHole
22nd Aug 2007, 14:33
C'mon Di_Vosh

Think it's pretty obvious you've been around long enough to know the right buttons to press for a good ol' fashioned ****stir like this.

Its easy to knock the people of Bagot. But without peolpe such as these throughout the NT, SA and WA, there'd be a lot of young pilots out of work.
No work = no experience
no experience = no work

Some people don't forget who it is that's buttering their bread

milehighsociety
22nd Aug 2007, 15:47
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. Ive never heard of Bagot before apart from the locator.. but I cant stop laughing.. you guys are too funny

:D:D:D

The Voice
22nd Aug 2007, 22:30
without peolpe such as these throughout the NT, SA and WA.. and what about QLD/NSW?

Don't they count?

SmokingHole
22nd Aug 2007, 23:19
Sure TV, I was merely pointing out where the majority of work was.

How about northern and inland oz. Happy?

Di_Vosh
23rd Aug 2007, 04:39
Erm...

I AM in Darwin, and AM looking for accomodation, and never mentioned the Bagot locator!

Gav, please check your pms.

DIVOSH!

The Voice
23rd Aug 2007, 04:55
Ecstatic! :}

thanks for asking