PDA

View Full Version : WHAT IS YOUR ANNUAL SALARY.......BEFORE TAX

DLA
28th Dec 2000, 19:49
Just to stop some of the confusion of the other post on monthly salaries can people also reply here with annual salary, plus avarage allowances and other benefits. Then we will all be reading off the same hymm sheet. TA

VA FO 2 years £39,400 pa
£4-500 allowances/month
Pension(11.5%), Health, LOL, ETC.

CrashDive
29th Dec 2000, 13:48
Go Fly

Captains: £66,780. This can be broken down as £55,900 basic + £10,080 sector pay + various company bonuses’.

F/O’s: £45,183. This can be broken down as £38,335 basic + £6,048 sector pay + various company bonuses’.

Nb. The above F/O scale assumes they have 737 experience with more than 500 hours on type and more than 2000 hours total time, or that they are not 737 rated but have more than 1000 hours on a similar jet and more than 2000 hours total time, or that they are not 737 rated but have more then 2000 hours on turbo-prop (500 in command) and airline experience.

There are also two lesser scales for F/O’s.

Those having a 737 rating but with less than 500 hours on type - they get a basic of approximately £32,000 basic + £6,048 sector pay + various company bonuses’.

Those not 737 rated and not meeting any of the above criteria for F/O’s – they get a basic of approximately £29,000 basic + £6,048 sector pay + various company bonuses’.

Now on top of the above we also get:

Loss of License ( Capt’s: £60k, and FO’s: £40k )
Company pension contributions, matching your own, up to 5% of basic salary.
Medical & license renewals paid for.

There are also loads of opportunities to earn more dosh by taking on other roles too, i.e. project pilots are involved with, noise monitoring, fuel trend analysis, met and notam services and trials, CRM course facilitation, training, IT /System projects (that’s what I do), FLIDRAS administration, etc, etc, etc….

(For the moment) We’ve still got BA travel concessions.
All Go travel staff tickets are £25.

Finally, not that this is very relevant, we don’t get crew food (and trust me, unless it’s the equivalent of 1st class grub, I’d much rather bring my own anyway !) and we also have to pay for car parking at STN – a whole whopping £10.48 / month – shock horror !

El_trabajador
30th Dec 2000, 00:33
Poor downtrodden self employed property developer. £ 185,000 bad year, £260,000 last year, plus Mercedes and fuel but few other benefits!

Herc Jerk
31st Dec 2000, 10:16
Mi cargoe en la leche!!
You sure must have worked for that, as you imply.

For myself; same as the other thread.

jet jones
3rd Jan 2001, 14:46
Jeez man...life is so unfair...you earn dosh and then you get to fly...why me why me..

Trainee bean counter/aspiring pilot in major french investment bank..
35K plus non cont pension...health etc..
bonus about 7K on a good year or 5K normally..havent been doing this long
I tell you I have to work for every dime and the work is not the most interesting either..
Everyday you takeoff, thank your stars...

------------------
live to fly

JJflyer
7th Jan 2001, 22:35
Year 2000 A grand total of 120000USD tax free.

JJ

standbyils
9th Jan 2001, 00:40
Crashdive,

I don't understand.....nearly 3 years at GO and I haven't earned over 10,000GBP or even close in sector pay. I haven't got any LOL etc so why not tell it like it is.

Max Autobrake
9th Jan 2001, 19:57
.....and what exactly are "various Company bonuses"?

Fly76737
9th Jan 2001, 23:06
DLA could you contact me on my e mail i would like to have info on VA?
[email protected]
thanks

DLA
16th Jan 2001, 23:12
76737..... I have tried to e-mail but your address appears not to work!!
Anyway £37500 is before tax....Command is done on seniority, hours and assessment, sort of in that order. I am 50 or so off the pace at the moment and it looks like it will be at least another 12-18 months before I'm in the frame for a seat change. I have been wth the company for just over 2 years now. The general opinion is that anybod y joining now will have to wait 8 years min to change seats. That all depends on future expansion as well.
Hope this helps.

CrashDive
17th Jan 2001, 12:28
MaxAuto, to be frank (or even Bill, or Bob), yes I've made a booboo on a bit of the (still had my head in the old system of PRP’s ). Thus, yes, you can strike-out those bits about 'various company bonuses'.

standbyils, perhaps I was a bit premature and it was remiss of me to lump this in with our current (as in 'right this second' ) salary, but I understand that as of the our new salary review (when does this take effect – start of April ? ) we're getting LOL (albeit not that generous).

W.r.t. sector pay, yes I too have not managed to earn the quoted figure (quoted at the interview as being the average – Nb. I’ve still got the original paperwork on that) and indeed I was £480 short of it. I’d guess though that with a planned overall shortening of our sectors, and more of them, that this will get us close to that quoted figure.

I do hope that I have now managed to properly correct any inaccuracies, in that which I posted above.

DLA
9th Feb 2001, 02:05
Just though that I would get this one going again!!!