PDA

View Full Version : 737-300 Rating

Capt Kirkwall
21st Aug 2007, 19:00
Hi guys,
I need to get myself a typerating on the 733 in November. I only have 1 month to complete it, so I was thinking about doing it in the states. But I can't find anybody over there who are JAA certified. Do any of you guys have any good tips on where to go?

All help greatly appreciated.

smith
21st Aug 2007, 19:35
randhem aviation

boogie-nicey
22nd Aug 2007, 08:36
beat me to it, I was about to say the same thing, however I learn that they're onducting their courses out of Sweden now. Surely that has got to be better than all the immigration crap in the US.

flybyshark
22nd Aug 2007, 09:23
I think Bond have a course in September costing £16k..........

boogie-nicey
22nd Aug 2007, 15:20
But Bond take almost 6 weeks and that's not including the base check or any of their ancillary courses. Though at the rate things change in this industry my information may well be out of date.

FO 737
23rd Aug 2007, 15:08
Be careful with Randhem, they are very unfair with us who gained a job with Jet Airways.
The contract with Jet Airways is not longer valid and Randhem refuses to pay back our deposits.
We have contacted a lawyer to speak for us.
Alexander Ottosson make big promises that he can't keep and then refers to Mikael Randhem...

mrx111
23rd Aug 2007, 16:19
Try RWL in Germany. I did my rating there 2 month ago and It's very good TRTO. Check www.rwl-flight.de (http://www.rwl-flight.de) Don't be confused, that this site is all in German only. Everybody there speaks good English. They have good price and very good instructors and I had base training one week after check ride.

Navex77
23rd Aug 2007, 16:32
mrrx111,

Did you do B737 endorsement in the simulator? NG or old series?

Capt Kirkwall
27th Aug 2007, 17:32
FO737,
What kind of promises? Did you go somewhere else for your typerating then?

FO 737
27th Aug 2007, 18:46
Capt Kirkwall

No, we are still waiting as the training was put on hold. Randhem blames Jet Airways for not paying enough money for the pilots started training.
Jet Airways has paid Randhem 500.000$ but has not yet seen any pilots.

We could chose to end the contract and he promised us to get our deposits back (5000€), but now he refuses...
Nothing is happening so now we are talking to a lawyer, a few has even completed their TR course but has to pay 14.900€ in order to get into their licences.
A lot of us have quit our earlier jobs so we have no income for the moment...

Capt Kirkwall
28th Aug 2007, 09:08
The big boys quarrel about the money, and you get stuck in the middle....Nothing in the world changes then.

FO 737
29th Aug 2007, 18:44
So all these 8 selfunded pilots have gained jobs you say.
Did they already had jobs before training, or was it the TRTO what was the key to sucess?

I am not sure I believe you... But, good for them!

boogie-nicey
30th Aug 2007, 09:40
You tell 'em Mercenary Pilot :ok:

FO 737
2nd Sep 2007, 11:06
I am well aware that you guys don't care what I think.

I just don't agree with you that randhem is fair player, and as the training is conducted at Panam Int. in Miami and as long as Randhem just take care of the paperwork we should all be fine.
But then they started to do more then that, things turned around quickly and a lot of guys got in real trouble.

Capt Kirkwall
2nd Sep 2007, 13:10
Has any of the guys you know been trained in Sweden, or were they all trained by PanAm? Just wondering if there was any difference in quality of training.

boogie-nicey
3rd Sep 2007, 09:10
I think Mercenary pilot was simply defending Randhem training conduct relating to the Type Rating training. I agree that perhaps having expanded their business beyond this they have not been able to keep up with the increased pace of 'big' business partners like Jet. Nevertheless what do I know ....

FO 737
4th Sep 2007, 17:23
But I guess you are right, it was to big for them and now it seems that both JetA and we will sue them.
All the guys who have been trained for JetA has done it in Miami.

Turkish777
4th Sep 2007, 17:44
I completed my B737NG type rating with them last week. It is no longer in Miami as someone rightly said above. It’s held at SAS, Sweden, where the Ryan Air guys go. I had no problems with this company what so ever and the instructor’s knowledge and professionalism at SAS has been the best I have come across since the start of my training as a PPL. Although my course was just the NG the option is there to include the classic at a relatively inexpensive extra cost. The course was carried out in minimal time which overall saved you money in accommodation. I know other people have had issues regarding this Indian Airline package but regarding the B737 type rating I can say nothing negative about this company and would highly recommend them to any wannabes out there.

And regarding the time scale....80 hours home studies, 1 week ground school in Gott, and just under two weeks at SAS Stockholm...