PDA

View Full Version : Crossair working conditions

CoffinCorner
27th Dec 2000, 22:46
Hi there!

I'm starting the initial training as First Officer for Crossair soon, and I'd like to get some more infos about the working conditions over there.
- What is the average block hours in a month?
- The guaranteed salary after taxes is around CHF3500,- but for what minimum block hours? Do we get extras if we exceed this minimum block hours?
- Are the extra CHF3,-/duty hours still valid?
- I've heard about compensation for over the 20th leg we fly, is it true?

I just would like to have an idea about a typical salary of a First Officer in a month with all the extras added and the taxes deducted...

Just one more thing. I'm French so I've got to live in France. And I know that the swiss pilots get an income tax of 12.6%/month, could you confirm that in my case I won't pay that, but I will pay the French income tax?

Thanks for your help!

lineup
27th Dec 2000, 23:19
If you signed already, you missed the bus. Now you will find out the hard way. But you are not the only one :) :)

CoffinCorner
28th Dec 2000, 00:42
That's funny!

But you know it's again the same question of the very young and motivated pilots like me who want to fly and start their career!
You can find worse than Crossair I think.

Anyboby to answer the above questions? Thx

fly4fud
29th Dec 2000, 03:15
CC, if you signed the contract, how come those questions???

Anyway, here's some help:
- flow from this year, about 600 hours
- extra if over 150 duty hours/month (but I never got over that limit (until now :) ) and there is no such bull as "guaranteed salary after taxes" :)
- still valid
- no compensation
- paid out 1st year F/O will be about CHF4200.-. This will be a typical amount, including all expenses, retirement scheme deducted, before any tax or insurance.
- Swiss pilots income tax of 12.6%? :) :)
yes you will pay the French tax (that includes the "securite sociale" amongst other things, no?)

So, considering that you live and eat in France, you will have a good salary, this for a fantastic job ;)

Good luck and good start :)

------------------
* cut my wings and I'll die *