PDA

View Full Version : Requirements JAA ATPL Frozen AGE

Riso
21st Aug 2007, 17:09
Hey guys !

I was just wondering..what`s the minimum age to get a JAA ATPL Frozen ? and i can do it by distance in the USA ? how long would that takes ?

Best Regards!!

coodem
21st Aug 2007, 17:49
21, you can do it from the States, there are many threads about it. Can be done in as quick as 2 months, 6-12 months is the norm if you are doing it full time. part time is 12-18 months, but again I know pople who have done it in 6-9 months part time.

You can start before you are 21, need to be 18 to start CPL, 18 for the IR, but 21 to be issued the ATPL

Riso
21st Aug 2007, 20:44
yeah..that`s my problem....i`m 19 now..i will start taking my licenses in the USA next year ..and i will be finihshing it in a year when i will be 20 ...my main question is...may i do it in the year that i complete 21 years or just after my birthday ? there`s no way to do it before 21 ? thanks!

Whirlygig
21st Aug 2007, 22:55
A frozen ATPL is a CPL with ATPL theory credits. If you can get the hours experience required for a full ATPL before you're 21, good luck!! Otherwise, you'll be fine!!!

Cheers

Whirls

Riso
22nd Aug 2007, 01:33
So i can get the ATPL theory before 21 and so i would have got Frozen Atpl= CPL+Theory ATPL?:confused:

Whirlygig
22nd Aug 2007, 13:31
Yes, that's my understanding. An ATPL licence has quite high hours requirements for Night, Multi-crew, cross country P1 etc and you have, I believe, 7 years to get this before your theory credits expire and your frozen-ATPL becomes unfrozen.

Cheers

Whirls

ppljames
22nd Aug 2007, 13:39
I was under the impression you could be in possession of a fATPL at the age of 18? entitleing you to your first job as a FO, but you have to be over 21 and have the flying requirements 1500+ hrs etc. in order to have the licence 'unfrozen'.

Mercenary Pilot
22nd Aug 2007, 13:41
Okay, for JAA ATPL you need to hold a CPL+IR and have completed the ATPL exams, this is known as a "frozen" ATPL. When you have 1500 hours, of which 500 must be multi crew aircraft, you "unfreeze" your licence and gain a full ATPL.

The ATPL theory credit is renewed by your instrument rating. You have seven years from the date of your last IR renewal. It doesn't matter if its a Single pilot IR or a Multi Crew type IR. To hold a CPL you must be 18 years or older, for the full ATPL you must be 21 or over.

Hope this answers your questions

Best regards

MP

:ok:

P.S. I was under the impression you could be in possession of a fATPL at the age of 18? entitleing you to your first job as a FO, but you have to be over 21 and have the flying requirements 1500+ hrs etc. in order to have the licence 'unfrozen'.That's correct. :ok:

Riso
22nd Aug 2007, 16:09
Ok i think i understood it, i asked about it because a friend of mine said that i would only be able to get the Frozen ATPL once i got 21 year old, i think he messed up a little bit, actually you have to be 21 to got the Full ATPL whichs the minumum age to get the license unfrozen ! that`s what i was worried about..so i can have the course for ATPL before 21 and then i would have got a frozen ATPL..

Best Regards!

Rodrigo Riso

Vee One...Rotate
22nd Aug 2007, 16:17
Yep - 18 to hold a CPL/IR or 'frozen' ATPL (a colloquialism for a CPL/IR + ATPL theoretical knowledge) and 21 to hold a ('full') ATPL.

V1R

Riso
22nd Aug 2007, 16:43
Yeah..i`m happy now :ok: