PDA

View Full Version : Landing sites near Preston, UK

221B
21st Aug 2007, 16:20
Does anyone know of any sites near Preston that are suitable for landing and overnight parking?

I am hoping to find something a bit closer than Blackpool, and have tried the Preston Marriott hotel, but the landing and parking fees are a bit steep.

Thanks in advance.

Gaseous
21st Aug 2007, 17:12
If you're interested in a site between Preston and Blackburn (on CAA map as Hoghton)let me know what you'll be flying and when (PM) and I'll give the owner a ring. He's a great chap (R22 owner) and should be able to accomodate you.
Alternatively the Swallow Hotel at Samlesbury is a possibility but I haven't landed there for a while. It was free but the function I went to was at the hotel. Is the Marriot landing fee still £50?
Phil.
Edit: I just remembered, the position for Hoghton shown on the CAA maps is wrong. Its about half a mile out. I'll dig the correct co-ordinates out if youre interested.

psyan
21st Aug 2007, 17:14
How close to Preston? The only one I know is the Swallow Inn SD 6031 3031 on the A677 a couple of miles east.

Best Wishes

221B
21st Aug 2007, 17:24
Gaseous - have sent you a PM.

The Marriott want £60 for landing and then £10 per hour parking, which makes an overnight stop expensive!

Gaseous
21st Aug 2007, 17:42
PM on its way back. Youre sorted.

wokkaboy
21st Aug 2007, 20:12
Guys Thatched Hamlet, approx 5 miles north of Preston, have had a/c on their cricket ground if there is no match on. Not sure of fees if any.
Lovely canal-side site, just keep an eye on the pylons running along the western boundary...
http://www.guysthatchedhamlet.co.uk/
OS ref: SD508397
WB

Gaseous
21st Aug 2007, 23:00
No fees at Guys and Dirty Nellys`s has cracking beer. (Not advocating drinking and flying of course).