PDA

View Full Version : Night Rating in North of England

Currymonster
21st Aug 2007, 16:01
Does anyone know of any schools that offer a Night Rating at this time of year in the North of England/Midlands?

Most I have spoken to seem to be waiting unitil end of BST.

Cheers

MrHorgy
21st Aug 2007, 16:09
It might be worth registering your interest with a school, so they know your keen. When I was studying at Multiflight I mentioned organising a night where we could fly evening wise - if there were a few people interested it might be viable.

Try Blackpool as well, I know they let you swan around at night, and it's nice to see the illuminations :)

Horgy

bri1980
21st Aug 2007, 16:13
Ravenair at Liverpool, also there is a school at Hawarden that could potentially help.

Ringway004
21st Aug 2007, 18:42
good question, since we're on the topic of 'night' flying i could use some advise. i got my ppl in america and did 4hours of night flying dual and nav but couldnt do my solo part because of time even though i got endorsed for it. should i do a couple of extra hours here in the UK or do the 1hr solo and send off the paperwork? the latter sounds cheaper but not smart:)

Currymonster
21st Aug 2007, 19:12
Ravenair are not doing them until after BST ends, out of interest what is the flying school at Hawarden called?

bluepeely
21st Aug 2007, 19:16
Stay clear from Blackpool , though a fantastic airport to fly from the schools there are not upto much cop. Especially the one who owned the Vulcan then ignorantly sold it to a d:mad:head who scrapped it.

How dare he:*

Pilotdom
21st Aug 2007, 19:20
Sherburn offer a night rating. Good Dual rates aswell. Give Mike a call on the Flight Desk and hell give you more info.

JUST-local
21st Aug 2007, 20:35
Bluepeely

Please don't put all schools in the same basket as Mr B, there are other schools at Blackpool capable of providing quality training. Have a look on the BA web site they are all listed under GA.

To be sensible training towards the night qualification can only be completed between October and February as the airport closes to GA at 21.00 local, movements after then get very pricey.

JL......