PDA

View Full Version : Aussie CPL to Malaysian CPL

roxar
21st Aug 2007, 13:09
hi..
Im taking cpl in aussie and i would like to know the convertion step to malaysian cpl because i heard some rumours say that it quite difficult to convert...
and any chances to convert the MECIR and fATPL as well..
thanks

Oz_TB10
21st Aug 2007, 17:59
Hey there,

First write in to the Malaysian DCA regarding your intentions. They will then send you an official letter outlinning exactly what you need to do to get it converted.( Got an answer within 1 week)

From my letter, you will have to sit for DCAT pappers ( Air law 1&2, HPL ), CA2 ( Performanke and loading ), CA6 (6 pappers ). CA2 and CA6 are UK papers but done locally at DCA at Putrajaya.35 hours on a twin. Classes for the pappers and the 35 hours twin have to be doen at one of the 5 approved schools( MFA,APFT, Integrated,HMA, GGFA)

From experience dont do any Twin time or IR because no credit is given for it. Just get you plain CPL done as again no credit given unless you have a UNFROZEN ATPL ( depending to certain conditions from DCA)

If you are going to AFTC in adelaide then ask DES to send me an email and ill brief you.( He will know i am)

Good Luck! and enjoy the beer matey!

Oz_TB10