PDA

View Full Version : TK Weight And Balance

August2007
21st Aug 2007, 12:43
Hi folks. Do any of you know that computer system TK uses to do Weight And Balance, and is it the same system on their entire network. I know that QR uses SDCS at some stations and DCS at other. We use DCS here in CPT and I know that in IKA SDCS is used.

I am asking because TK will be operating into CPT next month and we have nil info as yet.

Thanks

merlinxx
21st Aug 2007, 15:29
Suggest you send them a wizzer to ISTOZTK ISTOPTK ISTOMTK just cover any address you can think off. My ctc's with TK are not up to date.

"Seek and ye shall find" "If you don't ask, you ****** know"

August2007
22nd Aug 2007, 04:25
Thanks. The last time they had CPT ops was about 5 years ago, and we used the SAA DCS system. Heard that they might be using some other sys by now, but will check with them

Capt Wannabe
22nd Aug 2007, 19:11
Generally TROYA, although there are exceptions.

boeingbus2002
22nd Aug 2007, 21:32
Nowt wrong with good ol manual loadsheets...!!:E:E

August2007
24th Aug 2007, 07:24
TROYA:sad: Never heard of it :confused:

Good old manuals ... :uhoh::mad: :) Hope not. I would prefer the "old" Atraxis but their delegation is arriving today, so hopefully some light will be shed on this. Do you know what flight planning system they use (QR/SQ) use the LIDO system

Thanks

older_wiser
24th Aug 2007, 14:19
What's wrong with Manuals ? - Unless of course the staff don't know how to do them :ok:

August2007
25th Aug 2007, 04:26
Nothing wrong with manuals. I personally prefer them to some of the systems we use for some airlines:oh::E.

When I started, we did not even have computer systems and everything was manual and we still got the birds out early / on time. Since computers people do not have to think. It is easy for the new generation to sit behind a screen not really understanding what they are doing:=

Spoke to the TK chaps yesterday and they are using Atraxis for load control and check-in.:ok: