PDA

View Full Version : NATO Partners

AH Veteran
21st Aug 2007, 11:18
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/news/world/inquiry-into-flying-carpets/2007/08/19/1187462088146.html

It's great to see that our NATO Partners in Afghanistan are taking their role seriously...

AHV

:rolleyes:

rmac
21st Aug 2007, 12:07
Do you expect anything different from the Italians ?

I was doing some consultancy in Bosnia a few years back. My clients, the Americans were on a full combat footing, taking their gats to the toilet and meals, never leaving base without full personal protection etc.

Went with one of our Bosnian employees to a nightclub near sarajevo airport and low and behold, the Italians pitch up in military vehicles and trendy Italian gear, for a night on the pull (hopefully with full personal protection carried :})

Good on them I say, you've got to get some pleasure out of life....

Statty
21st Aug 2007, 12:16
I have to agree with rmac. Opportunity beckons and all that. Don't believe we are immune from kicking arse out of stuff - just they got caught doing it.

Matt Skrossa
21st Aug 2007, 12:44
OK I know you've all been waiting for this, so here goes...... There shouldn't be a problem as they were Allied Carpets.

AR1
21st Aug 2007, 13:24
I laughed more at the 'emergency evacuation' role. I'm working with an Italian at the moment in a foreign country (to both of us) He has the constitution of a goldfish - Of course I'm sure that its unique to him individually, and am in no way stereotyping him or his countrymen. - Vito Antuofermo was well 'ard.

XV277
21st Aug 2007, 16:25
Will they be carpetted?

Or have the rug pulled from under them?