PDA

View Full Version : Faa Atpl

thedeadseawasonlysick
21st Aug 2007, 10:15
I am trying to convert my JAR ATPL to the FAA equivelent. I need to do the FAA theory and a multi-engine flight check. I have googled flight schools in the US and several advertise just what I need. The problem is that, after calling them, none have called or emailed back with details and dates. I would like to do the course at the end of Sept, beginning of Oct, so time is of the essence. Can anyone recommend a flight school that is not only reputable, but also needs the business enough to reply?
Thanks in anticipation.

ITFC1
21st Aug 2007, 10:45
Have you tried ALLATPS, i think they supposed to be ok, but i cant comment personally about them

vigilant_spacey
21st Aug 2007, 15:18
Give hub city a shout. very competitive too:

www.hubcityaviation.com

Fitter Hotel
21st Aug 2007, 16:19
I have done the same with ALLATPS. Straight forward. I went with almost 0-preparation. They put me at 8'clock on the computer with the questions and at 4pm I did the exam - 92%. The practical test I did with a type rating.
Everything quite easy going. Don't forget to do all the paperwork! The only thing I remember was the validation of my JAR license. This could take up to 6 weeks, but at least 2 and you have to have it before the practical test.
Good luck!:ok:

PicMas
21st Aug 2007, 17:45
I also highly recommend ALL-ATPS, personally did my FAA ATP ride there. It was a 3day deal with prep, written test, two warm-up flights and then the check flight which funnily was exactly the same as the previous two flights (also known as the paper route).

I did it at the Stuart, Florida location - with a very professional though cute (female) instructor from Texas :}

thedeadseawasonlysick
23rd Aug 2007, 10:07
Thanks for the replies. ALL-ATPS came straight back with all the info, which is more than I can say for all the others I contacted. Obviously some flight schools just have too much work to be polite!
Thanks again.

46Davis
24th Aug 2007, 18:04
Have you tried HPA in DFW. Talk to Gail. I've done a lot of work on contract for them and they ought to work with you. 1-800-JET-CREW, tell her Rich told you to call, she should know how to handle it and their rates are very competitive.