PDA

View Full Version : Airline Christmas Generosity

Desperate
23rd Dec 2000, 15:26
Some Airlines are more generous than others at Christmas. What did you get from your company, if anything? Name the biggest Scrooge!

Guy Devane
23rd Dec 2000, 16:12
Hamper, flowers for the Mrs, 3 weeks salary + 10% pay rise for next year. I'm really hacked off 'cos I reckon it should be 15%, same as last year.

Capt Bean
23rd Dec 2000, 16:47
Pay rise?

I would be impressed if we didn't get a pay cut. But, at least we got NOTHING for Xmas! So that always makes it worthwhile ;-)

Hmmm, why do I bother?

Viscount Sussex
23rd Dec 2000, 16:56
Work?
:) :) :)

WenWe
23rd Dec 2000, 21:43
£15's worth of vouchers. This is the companies thanks for busting a gut over the summer.
Maybe I won't next year.

Autoland
24th Dec 2000, 00:17
KLM uk (old Air UK) give us absolutely nothing. Despite the fact that quiet of us have to work & nightstop Xmas day.
Very unspirited.

Ace McCool
24th Dec 2000, 12:46
A $2 pocket diary from QF and a thank you for the great year letter.

dogsbollocks
27th Dec 2000, 16:54
you are lucky to have a job let alone what or what they did not give you hopefully you are so lucky in 2001 to keep employed in the industry not like a lot of us

but as usual it seems to be flight deck winging hense companies go down
happy new yr

Buffy Summers
28th Dec 2000, 02:04
I was totally happy with my Xmas card, mince pie and a 12 hour duty on Xmas Day.
What more could we expect? Generosity? A small Xmas Bonus? A bottle of wine?
In fact, its only since I started airline flying that I stopped getting a Xmas bonus. A free meal at Xmas and a box of chocs and/or bottle of wine plus some free vouchers were the norm before, and that was in a small company that made a small profit every year.

But hey, I'm happy :)

Whooaahh
28th Dec 2000, 16:20
I got nothing!! Zilch!! Nada!! Niente!! for X-Mas from my employer. I wasn't expecting anything so no big deal...It would have been nice to be surprised though.

They even cancelled the company funded X-Mas parties worldwide and, if we wanted one, we had to pay for it ourselves. Seemingly only 27% (down from 34% last year) of companies still pay for their staff parties so it's not really that unusual.

I did get a serious payrise/promotion for 2001 along with a transfer out of Italy, so I'm a pretty happy bunny overall.

Whooaahh!!!

Jollo
29th Dec 2000, 02:51
A nice goretex coat,can you belive that?
However,one year we got a protectionmask to be used when giving mouth to mouth,so tings have improved.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Timesup
29th Dec 2000, 05:34
At GO we got a card from the Chief Executive and a cheque for £100. Thanx Babs

G-SKIP
30th Dec 2000, 14:31
We got £5.00 for chirstmas meal, which is nice as the company can claim £75.00 back of the tax man