PDA

View Full Version : Brazilian J/S policy

LatPilot
6th Feb 2001, 07:31
Anybody can tell me how Brazilian airlines
works with jumpseats?Do they jumpseat on intern'tl flights?

Electra2
12th Feb 2001, 01:07
Latpilot,

I’ve been out of Brazil for a while, but as long as know, there is no jump seat agreements at all outside the country.

Varig, Vasp and Transbrasil hold an agreement among themselves for domestic flights, but a special ticket (so called “passe” or air-pass), have to be issued by the respective Operations Dept and you have to show it off at the Crew Dispatches before boarding. Authorizations to ride the jumpseats with a “passe” if the cabin is full are generally granted, under captain’s discretion.

Varig issues unlimited “passes” to it’s own Pilots and eventually to other Airline Pilots that directly contact it’s Flight Operations. Phone numbers (if it hasn’t changed) is 55 21 814.5368.

Varig passes are also valid at its commuter branches Rio-Sul and Nordeste.

There are no such a thing as International “passes”, only ID90’s (for it’s employees) or Star Alliance ZED’s for the Star Alliance companies employees. Pilots with reduced standby tickets will probably be welcome on jumpseats if the cabin is full.

TAM probably has some kind of interline agreement with its partner American Airlines.

Is that it what you wanted to know?

LatPilot
12th Feb 2001, 08:12
Electra2:
Thank you so much for your reply.
Did you fly for a brazilian carrier?
I'd like to get some info bout that.
I'll appreciate if you contact me.
Thanks.