PDA

View Full Version : annual leave...easyjet..ryanair...rosters

pod20000
11th Feb 2001, 21:27
easyjet has a new leave allocation system.

36 days a year to be taken in 7 day blocks plus one day.

whether you take 7 / 14 / 21 days at once you receive one extra day at the beginning and at the end. ie you get more days leave over the year if you only take 7 days at a time.

I wonder if easy office staff can take 5 days leave and get 9 days off !!

3 weeks to be taken in the summer and 2 weeks in the winter.

It seems not such a good deal for easyjet crews but I may be mistaken !

I am curious how this compares. I have heard Ryanair also get 36 days but can take as many days as they like when they like. As the new roster is often 5 on 3 off if you take 5 days leave you can get 11 days off. Is this true ?

also if ryanair get 12 days off a month compared with the easy 8 days off, the ryan crews could be getting an extra 40 days off a year due to the roster and an extra 20 due to leave ie an extra 2 months off a year!!

Blimey better get an application out quick !!

OC41
11th Feb 2001, 23:33
Pod20000

Is that 36 days inclusive of the public holidays or not??

Easy Office Staff presumably on a Mon-Fri workload will get 9 days off, but i imagine they do not get 36 days leave entitlement the Crews do so its unfair to compare without the full facts.
I work for a airline that gives me 20 days leave so thats 4 blocks of 5 + Sat/Sun each side,so thats 4 weeks holiday if taken in blocks + phols, most other airlines get a week more.
That said I spend most of my leave taking days for child care or the dentist or hospital appts, something most crews seem unable to fathom out ie; the real world...

Mr Benn
13th Feb 2001, 01:56
The company I work for likes us to think we have a really good holiday entitlement, but, in fact, in my previous (non flying) job I got about a week more than I do now.
We get 36 days leave, which includes 8 Bank Holidays. So that is really 28 days. Its calculated in 7 day blocks, with no allocated days off either side, so thats 4 weeks leave.
Pretty rubbish really.