PDA

View Full Version : EK Interviewing RJ drivers

kingoftheslipstream
20th Aug 2007, 05:08
EK is interviewing drivers with only CRJ time... overheard some of 'em at the clinic the other day. This will ease the hiring crunch to be sure. Once they get used to the mass/inertia thing and used to the theatre of operations, it should work nicely.

what_goes_up
20th Aug 2007, 06:46
EK is interviewing drivers with only CRJ time
Some of them are flying for a year or more, so no real news:ok:

Payscale
20th Aug 2007, 08:30
Since we take on cadets, so what? Anyone with the right attitude and basic qualifications should be able to come.

Wiley
20th Aug 2007, 08:40
IMHO, it's only a matter of time - and not too far into the future, I think - that they'll be interviewing potential recruits with only turbo time. Again IMHO, I don't think this will be a bad thing. I'd much rather have an FO beside me who's had a few frights and made a few decisions from the left seat of an ATR or a Dash 8 than someone who's gone straight onto jets and has only RHS time.

Such people may require a little more initial conversion training onto their first jet, but I think they'd handle the line flying as well as, if not better, than many currently coming into EK.

BIKKERDENNAH
20th Aug 2007, 09:35
UMMM

dont really have a problem with that as long as training is not back logged because of it!!:ugh: