PDA

View Full Version : Pilot pay with european major's

Barry McDougal
19th Aug 2007, 20:24
From the BA EU 757 post on this forum and having done various searches,I would like to know Fo & Capt payscales from the list of EU airlines. I appreciate there are websites but they do not have all the info I am after. If there are any pilots from the list,please post basic payscales + average allowances,average hours year only.

Air France
Iberia
KLM
Lufthansa
Alitalia
SAS

much appreciated

Knee Trembler
24th Aug 2007, 13:48
Rather than take up too much space with details here, I would refer anyone looking for information on the subject to www.ppjn.com. The information there is pretty well up to date from what I know.

If you would like to PM me I can give details of KLM, BA, XL and Air Berlin from first hand.

KT

londonmet
24th Aug 2007, 17:04
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271434

Barry McDougal
24th Aug 2007, 17:23
Londonmet and Knee Trembler,
Thank you for your posts. I had a look at the other pprune thread unfortunately it does not give payscales, instead gross/net pay incl alowances etc. It provides a useful gauge, my post however is to look specifically at payscales for the above airlines, the reason is due to the BA EU thread. I know some individuals have been optomistic ;) with their pay on the previous pprune thread, because I know a BA shorthaul f/o on paypoint 2 will not get £4000 net /month.

Knee Trembler, I will have a lok through the website an pm you if there is any outstanding data required

thanks

Ray D'Avecta
24th Aug 2007, 20:24
Barry,

The KLM payscales are based on a formula that factors in age, length of service, fleet and job function. (And retirement is normally at age 56).

You could therefore end up with 2 people doing the same job (e.g. Captain 777) but on slightly different pay. BA on the other hand, as far as I am aware, have pay grades based on function and length of service.

Its not easy therefore to make a direct general comparison.....but if for example, you wished to base your comparison on a hypothetical case, I can do that for you if you pm me.

I have to say though, that 3 or 4 years ago, I did a comparison based on a number of hypothetical cases, and the KLM pay was higher in all instances. Obviously, BA pay might have moved on since.......

TheKabaka
25th Aug 2007, 15:13
I know some individuals have been optomistic with their pay on the previous pprune thread, because I know a BA shorthaul f/o on paypoint 2 will not get £4000 net /month.

Not true, 4000 is possible esp with a draft trip

Angryfool
25th Aug 2007, 23:05
I know some individuals have been optomistic with their pay on the previous pprune thread, because I know a BA shorthaul f/o on paypoint 2 will not get £4000 net /month.
Yeah just a bit, more like talking utter rubbish.
Not true, 4000 is possible esp with a draft trip
Really, must be doing a lot of draft then! I'm PP9 and £4000/month is what i'd expect to take home on an average month. If you're including the draft element then anyone can skew the figure. Hell, I earn £5200/month, oh and by the way I did 5 days of draft, but don't let that mislead you in any way.

Dogma
26th Aug 2007, 00:39
Sounds like someone is talking stool. What does a new-ish BA 737 Capt take home net in an average month?

MrBernoulli
26th Aug 2007, 16:47
If you're only interested in money then go work for some outfit that pays more but will flog you to death! :rolleyes:

lc_aerobatics
29th Aug 2007, 10:32
Does any1 know what LOT offers for new FO's ?
Cheers.
LC
:ok:

FlyingTom
29th Aug 2007, 13:00
Not true. 4000 net without any draft. (Oh but don't mention the backdated 5.2% pay award this month). :)

To answer Dogma; a junior 737 captain, say pp8, might take home about 5500. At the pp16 cap it is about 6600.

Aussie
29th Aug 2007, 17:48
LOT pay is average on the world scare, euro scale even...

Starting FO on about 9200PLN gross.

Good luck

TopBunk
29th Aug 2007, 19:45
I think some people here are bigging it up!

I am a PP19 747-400 Captain and don't recognise those figures as being standard month numbers for those positions.

I am not going to get into specific numbers as they are our business, if you want to know details they will be available to BALPA members, otherwise, to be honest, what has it got to do with you - look at www.ppjn.com for an idea.

I will say that we earn a lot less than City brokers / executives who at a whim can cost the company almost half the pension deficit and still get legal support from the company!

Don't get into the job if you want glamour / money / etc - that concept disappeared about 30 years ago.

FlyingTom
30th Aug 2007, 07:22
Yes TopBunk, sorry you are right, they are LH scales.

A SH 737 captain would now take home about 5100 at pp8, 6100 at pp16.

I wouldn't normally gob off about pay but I think it does BALPA an injustice if we don't recognise these are good pay rates, hard won, and reflecting the value BA need to place on it's captains. However on the 737 they work very hard for it! When we start talking about crewing an EU fleet I don't want this value undermined. I think it helps to realistically appraise what we have that is good and what needs improving. :)

lc_aerobatics
30th Aug 2007, 10:38
Thanks. I'll be trying them next year :)

Aussie
30th Aug 2007, 13:49
Good luck, 200hrs TT required...

hopefully for your sake, they are still recruiting next yr!

Aussie

lc_aerobatics
30th Aug 2007, 14:51
I speak to them on daily bases (they're my customer) and employment forecast looks good for next two years (787's coming and quite few pilot going to LOWCO's).
T&C'a are not best but I won't moan if they take me straight after my training. :ok:
Cheers.
LC