PDA

View Full Version : SAA Flight Training (Scanavia)

krisgnair
19th Aug 2007, 19:21
Hi,

Can anyone tell me about how good is SAA Flight Training in CA? I am interested in their DGCA program.

Please suggest

Thanks and best regards,
Krishna

K08
21st Aug 2007, 09:17
Hi,
I do not know that much precisely about DGCA but my general impression of the SAA and their PPP program is good.
But generally spoken,
one great avntage they have is that they use one of the busiest airfield you as a student can ever imagine. So, you really need to communicate- this is an excellent practice.
All the equipment they use is in a very good condition and well organized- starting from the buildings and classrooms and ending with the aircrafts and the maintenance things.
Their attitude towards teaching is modern. They use lot of IT- solutions and they have a great emphasis on distance learning system.
The studies itself are extreamly intensive, even compressed. Sometimes you wish the day is more than 24 hours... You are expected to study hard individually and to do some researches etc. You also start flying immediately, during your ground school that is great, in my mind.
If you wish to fresh your mind then there is everything you need. For 25 USD per month you will get unlimited access to the huge fitness center that is opened for 24 hours. The accomodation place offers swimming pools and jakuzi. In a 20 min driving distance there is a SanDiego city centre with wonderful beatches and surfing facilities and night life. So, the lifestile is nice.
In conclusion, If you are proactive and willing to put more than lot of effort in your studies, and if you are independent and self disciplined enough, then yes, this is the place that gives you a lot and takes you far. I would suggest.

Good luck! ;)