PDA

View Full Version : meir renewal

flybyshark
19th Aug 2007, 16:13
my meir has run out and I understand I will have to renew it in a plane, thats now worries but will it be exactly the same as the initial flight test?

mcbenny
19th Aug 2007, 16:35
I'm pretty sure you can renew either in a sim or in the airplane. Also:

The content of an I/R revalidation/renewal is now the same as the Initial I/R, i.e. Departure (including pre-flight planning), General Handling, En Route IFR Procedures, Precision Approach, Non Precision Approach and Simulated Asymmetric (if applicable). One approach must be asymmetric.

Hope ot helps!!! :O:O

flybyshark
19th Aug 2007, 16:38
Cheers, ah well the joys of the meir test awaits again!

It does have to be in a plane now if it has lapsed and I need to renew the multi anyways so might as well grin and bear it.

AlternativeProcedure
20th Aug 2007, 12:35
I got my JAA IR exactly 3 years ago, I havent renewed it since it expired(1 year after). Do I have to renew it in the aircraft or can I renew it in the sim(FNPT 2). I'm not keen on renewing the multi piston rating cos I fly multi engine turbine on an ICAO licence. Thanx

flybyshark
20th Aug 2007, 13:04
mine lapsed 2 years ago and checked with 2 flight schools and the CAA and it seems now that you have to renew it in an a/c. If it hadnt lapsed then the rule is that it can renewed on a sim only alternately with a/c each year.

As for the multi, I had to do a uk multi when I converted because my kiwi had been done over a year before, if you are current on it at present it might count as ok for the jaa but not sure on that. Either way, you will have to do the jaa in an aircraft and you will do the multi at the same time as I am doing this week.