PDA

View Full Version : which route are you taking?????

bajadj
19th Aug 2007, 14:42
I'm interested to find out which route my fellow wannabe's are taking in their pursuit of their careers. Here's my planned route (subject to change):

I already have my jaa ppl (uk trained):

next step: oat for residential groundschool (I'm 33 and haven't learned anything for over 10 years and feel the classroom is essential)

then EFT on their APP course (I know this is ab initio but I quiet fancy instructing in the states for a bit to build hours and for the life style)

This will also enable me to do another summer in greece next year to save some cash.

good idea or should i save my money and just go the conventional modular route??

AlphaMale
19th Aug 2007, 16:48
I really don't think EFT will take you on if you didn't start your training with them. In the first 5 weeks doing your FAA/JAA PPL they will decide if they want you on the APP or not.

EFT will get the £$£$ for teaching you all the way up to fATPL + FAA CFII/MEII & JAA FI and then reap the rewards by having you work for them (they know your skill level as they taught you).

Going into the course with a PPL means you would miss the first 7 weeks of training. BUT You'd still have to do the FAA licences (assuming you only have a JAA licence?) in order to gain the FAA CFII & MEII and teach out there.

Let me know how it goes, I'm itching to do my PPL but worried that having a PPL will scrub my chances of gaining a place on their APP course. As well as other sponsorships that may crop up in the next 2 years :uhoh:

Thinking of going to OBA and doing their 'Zero - Pre ATPL' course for £11k just so I can fly NOW instead of having to wait to save all that cash :\

As I said let me know what EFT say ;)

mlee
19th Aug 2007, 17:25
Hi, two years ago gained my PPL at local flying club also carried out some hour building with them, whilst hour building completed phase 1 & 2 of the ATPL theory at Bristol Ground School (This is whilst I have been working full time).

Recently just acquired enough hours to start my ME CPL. I have been getting sick of flight schools letting me down with start dates together with the British weather so in three weeks I’m off to Ormand Beach Aviation to complete this course.

Once finished at OBA I’m flying direct to Malaga (Aerodynamics) to complete the ME IR and hopefully if there is enough money left in the pot a MCC.