PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Air, Are you waiting for another disaster??!!

runway in use
18th Aug 2007, 17:07
Gulf Air, 57 years since it was established. that means that they should know more about airline industry..

But it seems that Gulf Air is waiting for another disaster. The 320s are getting in bad shapes now, from the begining of this month, An emergency desent to bombay was made because of heavy oil smell on the cockpit. crew were forced to land and use the oxygen. another story, crew diverted to muscat after a slow decompression with the packs failure. some of the 320s have only single pack, and they still use them, what about if the secound pack overheats. i guess thats another divertion. and alot of other MDDs. i think all pilots are getting fed up. all you think now is what technical i'm gonna face today.

another thing is about BAS. they cant handle the wave, when the airpot is full of aircrafts, even though you advise them before about the time you will arrive, still one day we stayed 40 minutes in a remote stand after we landed waiting for the first bus to pick up the passengers, and guess what, APU is inop and no ground air condition was there, passenger went mad....and again after 1 hour and 20 min, they high loader arrived for the poor wheelchair passenger after she was put on oxygen.

all i can say, Gulf Air.....you really need to consider replacing your fleet, otherwise,,,a disaster is on its way.

chao,

NO FD NO SRS
18th Aug 2007, 17:52
BAS must be the worst handling agent on this planet. The only airline they serve right is BA and thats because of the free tickets bribe. wonder how are they going to handle the wave system during the month of Ramadan!!!

Desert_Storm
18th Aug 2007, 17:54
Hi! I'm getting a little bit fed up with all this complaints about the state of the aircrafts in GF. I've been telling everybody here and there, that if you are really concerned about the maintenance situation and not only that, but the working enviroment conditions that we have to stand now during the summer, with temperatures well above 35 degrees in the cockpit, well, your choices, real choicese to be heard are: NATIONAL TRANSPORTATION SAFETY BOARD, ICAO, and IFALPA. Believe me mate, you send proofs of all this complaints to this bodies and they are going to do something for us ok. Cheers

SubsonicMortal
18th Aug 2007, 23:21
I dont quite understand how the NTSB is going to help in this regards? Nor IFALPA or ICAO?

Fox3snapshot
19th Aug 2007, 02:03
You are very right mate...they wouldn't give a toss as its not their problem.

It is the regulators problem, and as that is the government of Bahrain...well you get the picture :hmm:

They will have had their IATA inspections and ICAO audits and with the right "form 100's" provided, they will pass with flying colours! :D

Its the Middle East, just deal with it....

Well, that's what I get told quite often anyway :ooh:

jackbauer
19th Aug 2007, 05:23
I don't think any airline will fail an audit because of a single pack operation or bad ground handling. Sorry runway in use you will have to try harder.

brassplate
19th Aug 2007, 05:59
pilots are entitled to refuse an aircraft anytime...whether it's an MEL'able item or not. anything to do with APU or pack u/s should automatically be refused because of the uncomfortable work environment it creates for us. anything that causes physical discomfort is a distraction and is a safety concern.
i'm sure you've all experienced the cockpit temperature never dropping below 38C. try throwing in a couple of major abnormals inflight and see how well you perform under those conditions!!