PDA

View Full Version : British Regional Airline #2

Fox One
26th Nov 2000, 15:59
Zulu, you are entirely correct. I have learned that which I wished to know from a number of people. Thank you all. However, it would be stupid to leave the likes of Modem and his mates to get trashy in public. Your point about Gill is accurate.

Has anyone at all got any experience of being in a Company pre and post BALPA and any comments on immediate and long term changes experienced.

------------------
To err is human, To forgive is not company policy !

The Little Prince
26th Nov 2000, 18:04
Yes, in a previous existence, the Company I worked for finally recognised BALPA. Initially, there was opposition to everything proposed by the PLC, opposition always justified on cost grounds, but in fact the Fleet Management and Chief Pilot etc etc were determined to show themselves to be "strong" and "unintimidated". Noone was going to tell them what to do, they were, after all, in charge! Too many macho pills and evenings out together congratulating themselves I think!
This was very counterproductive, and did not help either side. Eventually, they had to bow to the inevitable, and cocncessions were made.
Nothing unreasonable was being asked for, and after negotiation, most was granted. Most interestingly, the Chief Pilot lost his job over it, as did one Fleet Manager equivalent. There is a lesson there to work together I think, not to make unreasonable requests, and not to instinctively kneejerk oppose.

------------------
When you've got them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow !

pilot999
26th Nov 2000, 18:56
What happened to the previous thread? I assume its been deleted? Haven't read it for a few days and now its gone?? More scandalous rantings & ravings no doubt? Shame the meat of the topic can't be left - bral any comments?.

bral
26th Nov 2000, 21:56
I was just asking the same question Pilot 999. Since no one from PPRuNe removed it,it would seem that Fox One deleted the post. Shame; But I wonder why?

------------------
It's not easy having fun; even smiling makes my face hurt.

Zulu
26th Nov 2000, 22:33
The letter from the DFC regarding the ballot does tend to lean towards the "if it 'aint broke, don't fix it" approach, or at least that's how I understood his comments.

Freewheeling Frank
27th Nov 2000, 18:58
Pilot999 - Following your recent paranoid ramblings do you think that maybe the mandarins of Fraggle Rock have infliltrated the internet and wiped off the previous thread??

"I used to be paranoid but now I know that they are out to get me!!"

pilot999
29th Nov 2000, 12:15
I don't think they're that technologically advanced yet! People here still marvel at escalators in shops (we've got five now (escalators not shops) - Strand Centre, Boots, Marks&Spencers, Ottakars and ofcourse the new airport). The wonders of modern technology. :)
(Edit - of the five, only one goes down as well as up. There must be a hidden message there?)

[This message has been edited by pilot999 (edited 30 November 2000).]

tail fin
30th Nov 2000, 02:11
pilot 999- you know alot about the IOM, so you are one one of those pointy headed, 3 legged outcasts from fraggle- that accounts for some of your postings!