PDA

View Full Version : Safety briefing to blind pax

moops
18th Aug 2007, 12:43
Hi!

I had a discussion with my collegues about how to do the safety demostrarion to a blind pax....belt,mask,emergency exit,life vest....

How do you that in your airline?

Thanks!!!

flygirl28
18th Aug 2007, 13:49
in my ex airline we had braille safety cards, however you have to be aware that not all visually impaired pax can read braille.
Your SEP department should be able to answer all your questions and in fact should give you a directive on how they wish you to brief the visually impaired, but personally i would talk them through things individually giving them a chance to feel all items, the seatbelt (how it opens and closes), how to put the mask on and lifting their hand to show them where it will fall from and the same with the lifejacket, help them to feel where it is stowed and ask them to put your crew demo jacket on, talking them through all aspects. With regards to the exits, how many seats forward the exit is from their seat and how many rows behind them the exit is.
Hope this helps.

Navex77
18th Aug 2007, 14:14
Does the airline allocate their crew to take care of those blind pax?Like 1 cabin crew for 2 or 3 blind pax. How about that?

William Whizz
20th Aug 2007, 17:37
We do a personal safety demonstration. So the blind pax can feel the mask, lifevest and seatbelt. And we count the seats and let them know how many.

We don't have anybody asigned to this pax.