PDA

View Full Version : Which pilot license is required for a competitive piloting career?

grint
18th Aug 2007, 10:38
i am looking for a piloting career . but i don't know what kind of license is suitable for me . i want to be an airline pilot. of course the choice is between ATPL and CPL but i want to know which one will make me eligible to start a piloting career.i mean that, is the ATPL absolutely necessary to start working as a professional pilot or can i start my carrier with a CPL and then increase my flying hours and experience and eventually acquire the ATPL. i also need some help on which place to select for pilot training .i am an Indian and am willing to travel abroad to study. my budget is about $45000. i want a place with a competitive atmosphere of study with modern fleets of aircraft and where there is an on-campus placement cell which gives students job opportunities.

davidmolamphy
19th Aug 2007, 13:10
You are going to have to sit the ATPL's at some stage in the future, so you may just get them out of the way by getting an fATPL rather than studying for the CPL's and then the ATPLs at a later date. Thats what i'm doing anyway. :ok: