PDA

View Full Version : Staff travel

oiseau2
25th Nov 2000, 17:24
All
I am having a discussion with my company re. staff travel benefits. They say our system is one of the best in the world. can you all tell me what you get in other airlines please?
Rgds

mutt
26th Nov 2000, 10:00
How about unlimited CONFIRMED economy class travel with upgrades permitted to Business.

People higher up the ladder get CONFIRMED Business with upgrades to First.

Applies to employee only, one confirmed and 3 standby tickets to dependants.

Mutt.

traveler
28th Nov 2000, 04:12
ID-95 for self and partner and kids.
ID-75 for parents (not worth it).
Percentages are from highest economy open ticket price, which is way more than you think. And airport taxes are added fully. At that price you can order however many you want, no freebees, no buddy-tickets. Partners don't have to be married though but together registered for 1 year. Government wants to tax this, they see it as add. income. Company bought them off for a couple off years. No jumpseat opportunities for pilots available. Everybody at my company I talk to feel we pay way too much and above industry average. You can only purchase them at home base. (we have only 1) Not at an outstation even when you live there. And if you want to use other company/ daughter/partner airline than the main line there have to be three full week-working days between your request and pickup of ticket.
Naturally its space available and we have the fullest airplanes in Europe this year. Inviting, huh ? Oh, you have to dress up, and list yourself the day before.

GalleyWench
28th Nov 2000, 05:40
We have unlimited free travel in ecy and business class, a service charge for first class( 100 gbp transatlantic approx). This applies to employees,spouse/partner, children and I beleive parents as well. 20 one way buddy passes to give to whomever(they equate to approx ID 85).Tickets on other airlines may be written at any of out ticket offices. Quite liberal dress code as well, no listing for flight necessary. No taxes on our passes except for employees based in Germany.

Mr Benn
28th Nov 2000, 23:23
Working for a charter, we get lousy concessions, despite what the company tell us. Starts at £300 per year towards a company holiday, but you can only use this amount for 66% of the holiday price (so you must stump up cash for the rest). Also, you can only go on the company holidays which don't use scheduled flights, which is kind of limiting.
There are some deals with scheduled airlines, but all are standby, and I think all are economy.
Its all extremely difficult to organise, has to be done well in advance through staff travel department.
Some airlines offer ID50, ID75 and some sometimes offer ID90, but all standby.
There are no free flights or holidays available from the company itself, although you can go standby flight only last minute for next to nothing, if you want to take the chance. Trouble is, most flights are full.

SOPS
3rd Dec 2000, 21:59
Gave it all up a long time ago, too much stress

flapsforty
4th Dec 2000, 11:42
Traveler, that sounds awfully familiar! http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif
To put some figures to it:
Commuting to base on a 1 hr 45 min flight costs me £72 for a return ticket. Oh yes, and I get a seat in the back.
As a "four striper FA" and after 19 years with the comp, I make about £460 a month after taxes and without daily allowances. (work 50%)

Wino
4th Dec 2000, 16:45
Unlimited travel for spouse and dependandants and parents.

24 tickets to give away to friends and more distant relatives every year.

ID90 or ID75 on other carriers as negotiated on a carrier by carrier basis, but not really necesary as my airline flies everywhere except Asia.

No charge at all for Nonrev travel in economy after 5 years of service. Before 5 years are up the charges are so small they are hardly worth mentioning.

Cheers
Wino

info4u
7th Dec 2000, 05:24
Hey Wino:
Which airlines do you work for????
Are they recruiting A320 guys??

Would like to join ASAP! Not kidding -Very serious, Send me an email.
Thanks.

Wino
8th Dec 2000, 03:19
Nope no A320 pilots, not now, not ever. My company has an more or less exclusive deal with boeing.

I flew my last A320 trip when I left Ryan/JMC. Now I work for American Airlines, and current policy of the chief pilots is that no one gets preferential treatment and no one can aid in the hiring of others...

So all I can tell you is go to AApilots.com and follow the info on how to get hired. They are hiring based on qualifications and are serious about it. If you are highly qualified you will be called.

They are hiring over 1000 next year and projected to keep doing that for several years...

Cheers
Wino

info4u
8th Dec 2000, 21:33
Thanks a bunch Wino. Will check out the site presently with major S. E. Asian airlines.
Will be in touch if anything interesting turns up.
Seasons Greetings