PDA

View Full Version : BPIAA Total disregard of safety, and more

nijiggajigga
18th Aug 2007, 03:10
Well most people here who have read 1 thread about Beijing Pan Am know it's already a poor company to work for, and a very poor flight school.. here's something new to add to your list...

A few students came to the standards department asking for authorizations to go solo (These are non-PPL students). After reviewing their logbook, the Standz instructor noticed neither students had the needed endorsements from their instructors. The weather also today was much lower than the minimums required for student pilots to solo in the traffic patterns, and the Standards instructor was explaining this to the students as he refused to give them the needed endorsements and the authorization for solo.

The students then went to the Vice President and Base Manager at Baotou, Mr. Song. Mr. Song gladly gave them the endorsements (having never flown with them) and authorized them to solo in the circuits.

Weather in Baotou at that time was less around 5,000 meters visibility, which is around 3NM.. so, apparently, when students walk up wanting to solo, without their instructors endoresements, and when the weather is below VFR conditions, it's ok for student pilots to solo.

I knew the company had no regard to safety of it's instructors, but they're doing this to the students too! This is also the same person who endorsed other students to solo, one (or more) of which resulted in numerous prop-strikes.

Genghis Khan
18th Aug 2007, 04:52
As Bill Clinton used to say...." I feel your pain." what is the chief instructor doing about it? Oh, I forgot...he's collecting that enormous paycheck.

:D

flytoo
18th Aug 2007, 12:01
FAR 61.87 (p)

is Limitations on flight instructors authorizing solo flight.

(1) No instructor may authorize a student pilot to perform a solo flight unless that instructor has-
(i) Given that student pilot training in he make and model of aircraft or a similar make and model in which the solo flight is to be flown.:\
(ii)........just read the rest:rolleyes:

happy flying

Flytoo:cool: