PDA

View Full Version : BMC F/O's

Honest Frank
21st Nov 2000, 21:08
Just had interview with WH & PY for direct entry onto Saab(well at least until Oct 01).And if successful will have sim check rather sharpish to start course beginning Dec.What I want to ask is your honest opinions of;
1/the company
2/the pay
3/conditions
4/especially with intro of EMB (I was told I would have no definate base until on the EMB )-are you being mucked about with bases.
4/Truth in the possibility of transfering to mainline after X years for perhaps the transatlantic routes.

Trouble is I have another job offer that starts the same day-British World, ATP, Aberdeen.
Really could do with some input on this one 'cos the BWA salary starts a little higher than BMC but then falls behind after a couple of years.BWA will be a fixed base but I'll only get to see Scatsta most of the time.BMC does look promising.

Fox One
21st Nov 2000, 22:24
I won't be thanked for saying it, but there are a lot of rumours about BW about to go pop. Only heard that lot second hand, but from several sources.
Good luck with your choices - I note BRAL don't feature, why is that?

------------------
To err is human, To forgive is not company policy !

excrewingbod
21st Nov 2000, 22:42
Honest Frank,

Company is all right. Pay may not be the best in the industry but the lifestyle ain't that bad, minimum if any nightstops. Average yearly flying hours is around 500.

As for the basing, the new starts may well get messed about. Its all due to the fact that no-one knows where the new Embraers are going. Therefore we do not know which routes the Saab will be pulled from.

If you want more info, email me.

mad_bob
21st Nov 2000, 23:10
Honest Frank,
Would you be kind enough to shed some light on your interview today, as im in for the same on Thursday. So ive an idea as to what to expect whilst in the hot seat.(my first Airline interview) I would be very grateful for any hint or tips.
Thursday evening im meeting with an ex-course mate of mine for beers, she is BWA & Aberdeen based ill see what she has to say on the subject and report back here.....

Robbo2Alpha
22nd Nov 2000, 01:37
My mole in Loganair says a few of their f/o's are heading off to pastures new, so maybe some jobs will be up for grabs at LC soon.

Airprox
25th Nov 2000, 17:13
Go to BMC and enjoy it.

It sounds like its your first job and theres no better place to start. The SAAB is an excellant aeroplane leading nicely to the Embraer BMC which will get you onto a jet quicker than any other regional carrier. The Pay for the SAAB is average (If you have less than 500 Hours Multi-eng its a lot better than BRAL) and the Embraer salary is poor in comparison to BRAL or Brymon. Just remember that time from turbo prop to jet in other companies is well over 1 year more like 2, but with BMC you'll do it in 6 months probably!

BMC is geting bigger geting more a/c more crews etc. and at times they struggle a head office to keep their heads above water but they've done well so far and have a promising future.

The transfer to BM mainline is getting better but don't go to BMC if you have your heart set on working for BM within 2 years your better off going to another regional carrier then applying when you have experience.

But then things change and around here they change alot.

------------------
AP