PDA

View Full Version : Travel City Direct - Cancelled flights!?

AdamC
17th Aug 2007, 15:39
Hi,

TravelCityDirect have cancelled my flights to Florida on 10th January (Thursday) and returning on 24th January (Thursday) for a reason which the letter does not explain other than this flight (XLA131) will no longer operate on a Thursday - Does anyone know why?

They've offered to fly us out of Gatwick on the same day but thats no good to me as Gatwick is far too far away.

I also need help finding a flight to Florida from Manchester/East Mids on the 10th January returning on the 24th January for £1800 for 6 pax including car hire - The same price it costs with TCD.. I guess I will never find it.

Thanks alot Travel ****ty Direct :ugh:

TSR2
17th Aug 2007, 17:04
Saturday 12 Jan returning 26 Jan is available (MAN-SFB-MAN) at a similar price with TCD.

AdamC
17th Aug 2007, 17:33
It has to be the same dates (10th-24th) due to other arrangements.

Im on XLA120 LGW-SFB for them dates atm but don't really want to travel 6 hours in a car when the flight is only 9 hours 30!!!

frequentflyer2
17th Aug 2007, 20:52
I don't know what times your flights are at but if it helps you can fly BA from MAN to LGW. Departing first thing in the morning on January 10 and returning last thing in the evening on January 24 currently works out at about £450 for six people. When split six ways its not financially crippling although I know it's extremely galling when it's TCD's fault. If this is a goer for you book now and get the cheapest possible fare.

TSR2
18th Aug 2007, 11:14
'Don't Jet2 have a MAN-LGW service as well'

Not any more.

AdamC
18th Aug 2007, 22:35
£450 is not so bad split between 4 (2 children you see!) however really annoying when TCD have cancelled their flights and it's 100% their fault!

Then again for £450 we might aswell just drive up to Gatwick the night before and stay in a Travelodge!

Thanks for everyones help, hope nobody else has had their flights cancelled - As we've found out it's sooooo bloody annoying.

XLA120 departs LGW @ 11am.

mutt
19th Aug 2007, 17:12
The airline gave you 4 months notice of a schedule change plus offered you an alternate flight albeit from LGW.

Did you protect yourself by buying travel insurance? If not, why NOT?

Mutt

TSR2
19th Aug 2007, 19:24
The issue of Travel Insurance is a red herring in this case. They would automatically receive a full refund of all monies paid if the alternative flight offered is not acceptable to them.

AdamC
20th Aug 2007, 00:42
'The issue of Travel Insurance is a red herring in this case. They would automatically receive a full refund of all monies paid if the alternative flight offered is not acceptable to them.'

We was offered a full refund, alternative flights on different dates from MAN and a flight on the same day from LGW.

I was just wondering WHY they cancelled the flights and I was obviousaly annoyed as it majorly effected my holiday arrangements..

Final 3 Greens
20th Aug 2007, 02:42
The airline gave you 4 months notice of a schedule change plus offered you an alternate flight albeit from LGW.

If flights were bought purely for the purpose of flying around, maybe the airline's actions would be acceptable.

But flights are bought to deliver people for holidays or other purposes and to cancel a flight and offer to replace it with a flight from a location 200 miles distant is very poor IMHO - shame on you Mutt for trying to make the OP look unreasonable.

jojo82
21st Aug 2007, 03:33
i believe the aircraft they use on this route is being pulled out of service. i also do believe that they are suppose to be replacing the 747 with a330s. ?? this is ramp rumour talk thou so not 100% reliable but it would explain why your flight is cancelled. :confused: