PDA

View Full Version : Oh dear......BA in trouble again

Hussar 54
17th Aug 2007, 13:23
Just picked up a copy of today's Moscow Times left lying around in a Nice crew room....

Seems BA are due yet another day in court - this time in Moscow where a local Ice Hockey legend called Pavel Bure is suing BA for approx. $750,000 after he was bumped off a flight in Moscow last year when the Skipper of the flight mistook him for a member of a group of soccer hooligans who had caused trouble on the inbound flight the day previously....

A mistake this time, but well done to that crew - too may flights these days resemble the last bus / tram / train home on a Saturday night during my youth....

And I hope that BA Management have already / will support him all the way rather than a Tea and Biscuits session with the CP....

As for BA....a little bit too much going wrong at the moment....

fox niner
17th Aug 2007, 13:31
Maybe the Capt'n didn't like his attitude....Maybe he was behaving like one of those soccer hooligans from the previous day....
I have seen local sports legends misbehave a few times on board.

Link to an article showing Pavel Bure had ties to the Russian Mafia. (scroll Down)

http://www.playthegame.org/Knowledge%20bank/Articles/The%20Russian%20Mafia%20and%20hockey.aspx

Gulfstreamaviator
17th Aug 2007, 14:03
If BA refused travel to all those with ties to the Russian Mafia, then perhaps the lounge in DME would not be so crowded.

Also the corporate fleets would be no existant in Russia.

Glf, (ex Moscow).........

manintheback
17th Aug 2007, 21:09
To put this in perspective its the equivalent of Aeroflot having mistaken former England captain Alan Shearer for an Ice Hockey hooligan. Bure is a massive personality throughout his home country and the world of NHL.