PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to the HKAOA

Rice Pudding
17th Aug 2007, 08:48
This offer was simply the best that company were prepared to present at the present time. Great to all those who saw it for what it was and wrote to the union. Thanks to the HKAOA firstly for presenting it to the members, and secondly for responding to our requests to have it binned.

This offer was about crewing new airplanes, not about the pay rise that we asked for.

Extending A scalers is an effective way to increase the work force, whilst meeting employment laws, and getting the pilots to ratify it also cunningly does away with bypass pay.

Lets now get back to negotiating the pay raise that is long overdue. When thats finished (and when we're all happy with it) there will be plenty of time to negotiate other company wish lists.

BusyB
17th Aug 2007, 09:53
It doesn't do away with bypass pay under the current agreement.

Harbour Dweller
17th Aug 2007, 10:11
What the AOA needs to do now is contact its members and get an idea of exactly what its members want. I don't believe this was achieved last time. The AOA should not be half hearted about it again.

There is no need to rush back in at all. These talks need to be about Pay only. If the company wants to include extras on top we simply reject those offers.

Lets not worry about what the company wants right now.. lets concentrate on sticking together and getting what we deserve.

Remember... time is on our side.

cpdude
17th Aug 2007, 15:11
I think the GC had an idea what the members want and a plan to go with it. What we need now is CX to negotiate and not dictate the outcome!:ooh:

Interested_Party
17th Aug 2007, 22:02
Harbour Dweller, I agree there is no need to rush in, I am prepared to wait ten years if that is what it takes to get a decent pay rise.

4-Daned
18th Aug 2007, 02:37
I think rice pudding is absolutely right. We were told this round of talks was about pay, just like we were told RP07 was not to be about pay....

So let's talk, this shouldn't be about a crewing shortage!