PDA

View Full Version : Permit to Fly - permission to use Italian Airspace

estepo
16th Aug 2007, 14:38
Good afternoon from southern Spain - 36º no less!

I'm trying to get permission to fly my UK registered Gazelle to Italy, but can't seem to locate the relevent department within the Italian CAA to contact.

Both French and Spanish permissions have been granted (6 months) but I'm stuck on Italy.

Can anyone give me a suitable point of contact to obtain permission to use Italian airspace?

Many thanks

RVDT
16th Aug 2007, 15:24
Why would you want to get permission? You don't need it or does it have something weird like a "restricted" C of A. Is it a civil Gaz or ex Mil?

md 600 driver
16th Aug 2007, 18:55
rvdt
RTFQ
permit to fly -permission to use italian airspace ..I'm trying to get permission to fly my UK registered Gazelle to Italy, but can't seem to locate the relevent department within the Italian CAA to contact

estepona

rain more rain and wind here in uk was nice last week i heard you was here then did you take the weather back with you see you next time your over here

steve

estepo
17th Aug 2007, 08:02
RVDT

Yes, it's ex Royal Navy, which means that the CAA will only agree to a Permit to Fly rather than a full Certificate of Airworthiness.

That amounts to a few restrictions, one of which is the need to obtain permission to fly anywhere else outside the UK.

RVDT
17th Aug 2007, 08:58
In that case start here I guess - http://www.enac-italia.it/strutture.htm

Maybe its covered by Flight Standards or at least they will know who to contact.

Direttore: Gianfranco Bruna
Via di Villa Ricotti, 42
00161 Roma
tel. +39 06 44185782fax +39 06 [email protected]

Non-PC Plod
17th Aug 2007, 11:00
Dont expect a quick response - most of Italy are on their hols!

estepo
20th Aug 2007, 12:33
RVDT

Many thanks. That seems to have cracked it.

Regards

;)

RVDT
20th Aug 2007, 15:17
estepo,

Nessun problema.

Tell steve to leave his money on the fridge!

md 600 driver
20th Aug 2007, 20:27
RVDT
what do you mean its 17 degrees in rain here in the uk this afternoon
global warming ???? its more like global freezing

estep

like your text about 105 i was thinking where could i find 7 to swop ????????

steve