PDA

View Full Version : Fire Spotting WA

solowflyer
16th Aug 2007, 12:27
Anyone who applied had any word from the Fire Spotting mob yet?

puff
17th Aug 2007, 05:19
Friend of mine hasn't either

solowflyer
21st Aug 2007, 09:05
Just got letter today. Been invited to do ground course and check flight.:)

rodmiller
4th Mar 2008, 07:30
Gday Mate

Just been searching for threads on spotting and came across this one. I know its a little old but i was wondering how it was coming along and if you actually took up a position spotting? Im finishing my cpl at the moment and im interested in a fire spotting job, any thoughts or comments?

Cheers in advance, Rod

185skywagon
4th Mar 2008, 08:31
I think they(WA) use Scouts, so a T/W endo would be mandatory for starters.

solowflyer
5th Mar 2008, 00:05
Only 5 or 6 weeks left in the season so bit late now. Get some tail wheel time and apply, about september they start the recruitment process. looks like there may be a few spots open for next season most of the pilots here that have done a season or two have moved on to bigger things. Contact details are still on AFAP.

Swift6
5th Mar 2008, 07:33
For those that are interested in working with the DEC fire spotting later this year - I reckon it would have to be the best job you could get to consolidate your skills (flying and Nav) after finishing your CPL. Its' good pay and you get to see a lot of SW WA.

rodmiller
11th Mar 2008, 07:46
Gday there

just a quick question....how many hours did you have when you applied for the spotting gig?

Rod

solowflyer
12th Mar 2008, 05:39
200hr and some tail time will give you a good go at getting in. Most of the guys have between 200 - 400 hr at start.