PDA

View Full Version : REX-Direct Entry Captains

PPRuNeUser0161
16th Aug 2007, 12:23
Heard a rumur that REX are considering offering direct LH side slots to those with extensive turbo-prop experience. Anyone back this up?

Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower
16th Aug 2007, 13:47
There are many operators in Australia that must embrace direct entry captains to ensure the companies survival in the immediate future.

Whilst this presents some unwanted internal politics ( disgruntled Copilots / cadets without the command experience to hold the command ), it is a necessary evil.

T-bone
16th Aug 2007, 14:40
God...I would come back to Oz for that.....please tell me it's not a rumour.

shooter
17th Aug 2007, 00:37
sorry T-Bone, in yeserdays REX Pilot Comitee meeting, there was no discussion of direct entry captains. Seems there is still a good supply of new recruits with 3 ground schools of about a dozen pilots on each in the next three months.

Mr. Hat
17th Aug 2007, 00:56
TBone suggest you try some of the smaller turbo prop operators you might have some luck with them

KRUSTY 34
17th Aug 2007, 02:42
The issue of direct entry Captains has not been raised by REX management. It would require a letter of agreement to vary the current industrial agreement. This variation would in turn have to be approved by the majority of the pilot group.

So I think it's safe to say that the rumour of direct entry captains is just that.

The only scenerio that you would see discussions in this area would be for temporary experienced captains for the introduction of a new type.

I think given REX's current strategy, that would be unlikely.

ShockWave
18th Aug 2007, 07:40
I think it would be fun to return home to OZ when closer to retirement and flog around the bush again in a light aircraft for pocket money!

Only joking guys!

However they may get some guys who want to return home and top up their super for a few years prior to retiring. That would reduce some of the burden of training younger guys on the way up in their careers so they can dissapear into the major airlines shortly there after.

Howard Hughes
19th Aug 2007, 02:43
It would require a letter of agreement to vary the current industrial agreement. This variation would in turn have to be approved by the majority of the pilot group.
Not if they were on individual contracts...:eek: