PDA

View Full Version : American Pilot Upsets Australian Airport Staff & Authorities

fatigueflyer
16th Aug 2007, 08:09
Just heard an American 777 FO with EK causing grief to Australian airport authorities and EK ground staff in Sydney recently after arriving from BKK. Apparently he was arguing with ground staff and authorities as to why there were no dedicated crew channels in Sydney. Why do most of us behave appropriately when confronting another country's rules and regulations and one idiot has to spoil it for the rest of us and what makes him think that he is above the authorities just because he wears a pilot's uniform. We all may have gripes about our companies and others but to behave like a 3 year old when representing your company in official capacity is just plain stupid. Just for the record, a few days later, another 777 crew had all their baggage checked which took up to 2 hours. There are some people you can upset but others you should not piss off. Thanks mate for your inconsiderate actions!!!:=

Mustapha Rex
16th Aug 2007, 08:21
Well thank god it was an american and not an arab!

This said, shouldn't there be a separate crew channel though?

While I agree that this was not the way to go about it, Australian immigration and customs are just as backward as those of Bengladesh, the only thing missing at australian airports is the PA at Zia international in arrivals.

fatigueflyer
16th Aug 2007, 08:33
Mustapha Rex,
I think you are missing the point big fella!:confused:
Also, I gather you have not been to Bangladesh recently. I will take my chances with Oz.

daidalos
16th Aug 2007, 08:45
He wouldn't be trying something like that in New York, would he?
I guess not ....
Some people never learn!

Andreas.

GoreTex
16th Aug 2007, 09:03
just fly from SYD to CHC and compare the friendliness of the immigration staff, the kiwis are super friendly and the ozzies behaive just like dickheads, to check the crew luggage for 2 hrs just shows the caliber of the people working there.

Mustapha Rex
16th Aug 2007, 09:27
Fatigueflyer, I am not sure who is missing the point...

I would expect this type of handling in DAC but not in the developped world or a country that says it is developped: Australia.

Then again assuming that you are Australian, this one will fly right by you!

DAC anytime over SYD or any OZZIE station, the most backward customs ever seen in my flying career, beet the poms hands down matie! That is one title we can gladly give them without any qualms.

And I agree with goretex, the guy in NZ know what it's all about and it shows...maybe Australians need to learn a few things before they start telling the world how to do it.

scanscanscan
16th Aug 2007, 10:32
The Arabs like Australians....that is why they paid a million BD a year to one to run GF into the ground and EY poached him to run them also into the ground.
Top tip....Hedge your fuel bill.

typhoonpilot
16th Aug 2007, 11:16
Why not just say " an EK 777 F.O."? Why does this have to be an issue of nationality? Rude, arrogant, and stupid people come from every country. Remember the 10% rule. Unfortunately for those of us from the States Bush is in the 10% :ugh:

Again, that is assuming this guy was in the wrong. I once made a request to Brisbane immigration when our entire crew were going thru one dedicated lane after returning from Auckland. You know, the one where you are dead tired after multiple time zone changes They were taking about 5 minutes per crew member for some unknown reason. A large number of other counters were open and manned with no passengers waiting. The request I made was reasonable and stated nicely. The response received was sarcastic and rude. I let it go, but I could see how someone might get a little angry at them if they made the same type of response.

Typhoonpilot

inverter
16th Aug 2007, 11:27
Ok all you morans! learn from TP, he is the best pilot and surely knows how to control himself at odd situations.
And does not get irritated at all.
"it's in the air= it's me, me, me & only me who is the best"
good job TP
INV

Mustapha Rex
16th Aug 2007, 12:02
Worse, is very often you do nothing to piss them off in AUS they are just overzealous faggets in shorts and long socks, who have nothing else to do when the SYD gay parade is not on!

It seems more like they are trained to give you hastle over nothing.

Hook
16th Aug 2007, 12:21
Through experience have learnt that arguing with security, immigration or customs personnel at airports is a huge faux pas. These people are very powerful and they should be treated with caution and respect. Not just for my own issues but because it will affect my colleagues as well later on.
I agree that it would be awfully nice to have a crew customs channel in OZ and all other airports we fly to, but alas its not to be. Please remember that Ozzie (and most other nationalities) customs rules, albeit very strict, are not made by the staff at the airport. They, like many other people, have to do their job to the best of their abilities, probably during long and stressful hours and with facilities that may be lacking. I have never had any Ozzy airport staff member be discourteous to me at any stage of my career in EK. A smile and a thank-you does wonders too. (FWIW I'm European not Ozzie)

This is PPprune - a rumour site - so what's written should be taken with a pinch of salt. I cannot confirm if the F/O involved was American (or indeed if he really had an argument), however, if true, he should be ashamed of himself since he would have been wearing an EK uniform and put everybody else in a bad light.
As for the utter lack of basic manners shown by the security and immigration staff at Kennedy Airport, my comments here would probably earn me a black mark from the moderator, so I'll desist. :mad:

NO FD NO SRS
16th Aug 2007, 12:37
Three Rudest Security custom stations in world.

1. JFK :E

2. LHR :E :O

3. SYD :E

sidestick driver
16th Aug 2007, 13:08
Where is HRW?

Possibly LHR, you mean?

Mustapha Rex
16th Aug 2007, 13:46
:ok:stands for Hind Rear Wally an abbreviation for any airport in astralia

PITA
16th Aug 2007, 14:11
Must dissagree with JFK being the rudest customs people in the states.
MIA tops the list with CLT right behind. I personnaly find JFK guys/gals to be quite decent.

brassplate
16th Aug 2007, 15:01
the solution is to sit on the floor with all your crew in the most relaxed posture while they rummage through your stuff and make you wait....maybe even a quick snorey snooze to counter some jetlag...maybe pull out a deck of cards...
i've done it and they couldn't wait to be done with me.

AirNoServicesAustralia
16th Aug 2007, 15:53
Sorry I find that Customs officials are like policemen. The nicer you are to them the nicer they are back. You be a prick and they will be a prick 10 times over back. Just chill out and roll with the punches, cos really what difference does an extra bit of time waiting gonna make, and getting all high and mighty and saying that you should be treated differently to everyone else is not going to get you anywhere other than the back of the queue.

By the way, haven't there been some well publicized cases of airline crew trying to take in things they shouldn't have, so as such shouldn't they be put under at least as much scrutiny as the paying punters?

mensaboy
16th Aug 2007, 17:15
Hook, you state this....

''Through experience have learnt that arguing with security, immigration or customs personnel at airports is a huge faux pas. These people are very powerful and they should be treated with caution and respect''

I agree with you to a point. But I think you should have said............ 'APPEAR to treat them with respect''.

I have always 'appeared' to treat customs officials with respect but in some stations, and OZ always fulfills this requirement, THEY are a bunch of clowns !! I have the utmost respect for Ozzies in general, much to the disagreement of my peers, but their customs and immigration morons have a general lack of respect for aircrew. I show them respect, yet they treat our crew like we are criminals. It annoys me, yet I refrain from giving them an excuse to persecute us further. I truly believe it comes down to a jealousy issue with them. They view us as having this glorious lifestyle, which clearly is not the case, and as such give us a hard time when entering OZ on a daily basis. Its much the same as the way Canadian immigration and customs treats aircrew, in my opinion. Just wait till EK has to deal with immigration at Toronto airport. Its a joke and i'm totally certain that there will be some issues in the near future there.

Everyone talks about a lack of 'aircrew' line at some airports. Just wait till you get in line with 4 other airline crews in Toronto, with one customs officer, and then you will wish you could be afforded the relative comforts of OZ. haha. I truly believe these high school flunk outs, are just waiting to take advantage of crew after a 14 hour flight.

I have no doubt this US pilot just lost it when confronted with stupidity. I don't blame him at all, I can totally understand his frustration. Sadly, he will lose in the end, in spite of the fact that he may have been correct to admonish someone who quite frankly, is an 'idiot in a customs uniform.'

At least in Mombai, or Lahore or Damascus, they treat us aircrew with a certain amount of respect. Yes, it is not always warranted but at least that is the starting point when they greet us. Sadly, some places like OZ, Canada and many US ports, that is not the generally the case.

My attitude is this........... pretend to respect them, do as they wish, and then have a good laugh about them when you leave. Generally speaking customs and immigration workers are uneducated, ignorant, 'trailor-park trash' individuals, but that is just my opinion based upon interactions I have witnessed with aircrew.

I don't give a rats ass if anyone disagrees with me, I have seen these morons in action with aircrew, and it makes me laugh. Just smile, give them that condescending look and walk away after complying with their wishes. They live in a different reality than the rest of us, and nothing we say or do will change their point of view with respect to aircrew. Don't give them an excuse to abuse you further.

Capt Groper
16th Aug 2007, 17:40
Unfortunately, an inbred corporate cultural of being superior to any mere mortal, pilot included, has been allowed to thrive.

Yes anybody with some sense could conduct themselves in a professional manner and provide an efficient passport checking procedure, but that’s wishful thinking.

Don’t lower yourself, stand in line and show no fear..

Black Stain
16th Aug 2007, 20:15
The only thing about Australian Customs that needs change are the fines for ignorant assholes who would through arrogance and stupidity ruin a mostly pest free environment that supports some of the worlds finest agriculture.

Dont screw our mangos and bananas. Dont like the rules, dont go there. (And where did I first learn that phrase?)

Hang em up with piano wire Johnny and rubber dick them all.

Mustapha Rex
16th Aug 2007, 21:59
Forgot to add to the descriptives black stain, the most polluted country!

ironbutt57
16th Aug 2007, 22:59
Racist and ridiculous comments aside....sorry my compatriots were embarassing.....sorry some of the expats from all places are embarrasing here in the gulf....and after 15yrs plus....trust me All nationalalities...fall into the embarrasing category....dare to differ???? bring it on!!!!

Yossarian
17th Aug 2007, 00:35
I have only ever been treated well by Immigration in Perth, but wish I could say the same for Sydney. Same country.

As irritating as it is, there are some people it is just not worth pi$$ing off, so I don't. Like my barber. Last time I let him know what I thought of his views I ended up looking like a cue ball. Same with Immigration. Unless you want your bag upside downed and a body cavity search, bite your tongue lad.

MTOW
17th Aug 2007, 01:22
There'd be some EK captains willing to put money on a guess of the name of the FO in question.

... but putting that aside, BNE Customs is one of my pet bugbears. The Oz "Jack's as good as his master" attitude is fine tuned in the Sunshine State in the way they seem to positively relish putting crews who've worked for 12 or more hours, all too frequently back of the clock, and then have to line up behind many hundreds of pasengers.

Not having a crew lane in BNE would seem to be a conscious decision made by some senior (and in my opinion, misguided) Customs official who thinks he is being terribly clever in putting those stuck up aircrew firmly in their place.

A case of Oz tall poppy syndrome at its worst.

Black Stain
17th Aug 2007, 07:15
Special rubber dicking for you Mustapha. Please dont go there, you're really wont be welcomed.

elcAbron07
17th Aug 2007, 07:27
I have to say SYD customs are without doubt the rudest bunch of people I have ever come accross. PER / BNE / MEL I have never had any problems with but SYD staff have got some serious attitude problems!!
I myself got into an arguement with those w**kers. Got in after a long flight and it was a very busy customs hall. Crew were deciding which baggage hall to go through as the one were our bags were was extremelly busy. A customs officer came racing out in front of all the passengers and began accusing the crew of pushing in, that they thought they were above themselves, that in Aussssstralia there ain't special treatment for crew and they can get to the back of the queue just like everyone else. Fine if they were pushing in but they hadn't even entered a queue as yet! :ugh:

I felt it imperitive that I told the woman what I thought of her and her rude attitude. She threatened to have me arrested, told me I was in Australia now and she is a customs officer in Sydney Australia (she reminded me of this about 5 or 6 times!) when I laughed at her pathetic attitude she got even more enraged. Luckily one of the managers came and interupted this conversation we were having and I was sent to other Customs hall. As I was leaving she was still shouting and screaming at me.

Point of the story is they have serious attitude problems, and if it happens again I would do exactly the same and stand up for the crew. I have heard so many other stories of similar tales relating to this bunch in SYD, and funnily enough even from Aussie crew also. Regardless of what a 'special' country Australia is, with all its fight against pests and that bull, Customs officers especially in SYD are not god and have absolutely no right to treat crew like that when they have done nothing wrong.

3 worst Customs in the world:
1 - SYD
2 - LAX
3 - MIA

Mustapha Rex
17th Aug 2007, 07:28
Very kind of you to offer black stain, how generous! Guess it has to be rubber coz you ain't got one.

Fortunately I only go there for work, would't step into the coutnry for all the gold in the world.

Any country with customs officers wearing shorts and long socks, that is built on the oppression of minorities and that can't have a character of it's own and an identity is no country for me.

Enjoy!

Surely you must have some shorts and long socks at home to impress your firends at week end barbeques.

Desert Diner
17th Aug 2007, 08:05
trust me All nationalalities...fall into the embarrasing category

From observations, the ozzies tend to have a knack to be first in that line.

Mustapha Rex
17th Aug 2007, 08:24
It's a local speciality, without which ozzies wouldn't be ozzies.

It was the only thing left in the world of civilisation they could find.

Desert Diner
17th Aug 2007, 08:34
Ozzies aside, nothing can put a damper to your day than waiting for hours in a danky little office until a customs officer you may have offended decides everything is in order and you are free to go.:bored:

HAMO
17th Aug 2007, 08:36
Some local info re why there are no crew lanes in AUS

Despite numerous requests from the airlines through both the local Airline Operators Committees (AOC) and the Board of Airline Representatives Australia (BARA) to the Fed Govt, Customs and AQIS (Aussie Quarantine) have steadfastily refused to open dedicated crew channels at "the back of the hall" ie where you pass through with your bags to be X-Rayed. More often than not there is not even a reply, just a continous NO!

HOWEVER ...

Customs and the Prime Ministers department are about to do a trial for "fastracking" premium pax through the back of the hall, and as part of this it MAY be extended to Tech and Cabin Crews

It is still not dedicated crew channels, but at least we are moving in the right direction

Stay tuned for crew channels hopefully coming to an Aussie airport near you !

EGGW
17th Aug 2007, 09:06
Someone mentioned JFK Customs. Always been curteous to myself, unlike the unfortunates who have passports from certain countries, who have to queue for hours with pax to be "interviewed" by some official. Often these unfortunates get to the hotel 2+hours after everyone else. I can't understand why the f**k these crew are able to get a visa issued at a US Embassy, and then go through more grief everytime they land.
And as for ATC at JFK, they are the absolute rudest, non standard muppets i have ever had the displeasure to talk to. The taxiways have obstructions everywhere, nice little blue poles to whack. Right thats better, off my chest :p:ok:

I have never had a prob in OZ, in Perth they are very nice in my experience. Treat 'em nice, and hopefully you will be.

EGGW

jimmytrilo
17th Aug 2007, 09:32
What was a F/O doing mouthing off about crew wanting special attention etc., at Australian airports. Surely when a crew are together shouldn't the spokes person be the Captain and Captain only. Or maybe it is CRM out of control and the F/O's are now more assertive and over riding the Captain's at this company.

Mustapha Rex
17th Aug 2007, 14:19
If you speak of my rectum, it is because it's the only thing that you will ever see and if you are kind enough I'll even spray you, so you won't forget the experience.

Kamel turd, the reason I post the way I do, is exactly to get the likes of you worked up, and see, it works.

Aussies for whoever they may be live with a set of values totally their own, constantly looking at their belly button for reassurance as if the world revolved around them.

Let me reassure you it does not. I don't come from Australia, I live very well thank you, and I don't need to be reminded of how tightly wrapped your head is in your flag.

As far as I know, there are no aussie restaurants around the world, but there are italian, lebanese, vietnamese, Japanese restaurants etc... in OZ, guess that speaks for your culture and the lack thereof.

If I recall properly, Gay parade is in Sydney not in Abu Dhabi. So surely you must be one of those guys parading there in skimpy shorts to show us your weak assets if any, since you have none for brains. Or was it your daddy?

Question: Did you get your CPL on a self propelled lawn mower? What was instrument rating like, looking at your quartz watch bought for $1.99 with your plastic shoes from a travelling aborigenous salesman?

GoreTex
17th Aug 2007, 15:58
Ok guys enough of that, I have to step in and defend the poor ozzie pilots and customs officials and state " not all ozzies are idiots "

GoreTex
17th Aug 2007, 16:07
sorry, for got to mention only those in aviation

Mustapha Rex
17th Aug 2007, 16:11
I agree, just slow learners...

Desert Diner
17th Aug 2007, 16:22
not all ozzies are idiots

This is true, I believe I may have met one once:}

Sorry, couldn't resist:oh:

Saint_Exupery
17th Aug 2007, 16:33
Was he customs or immigration?:E

booskins
17th Aug 2007, 17:04
Hello everyone.
I have an example of both customs and security at Melbourne airport. I am a police officer stationed at a suburban police station, which for those knowing Melbourne is not too far from Tulla. I read these posts as I hold a PPL and am interested in all types of aviation around the world. This will really make you shake your head. But before I go on I must say that most custom workers are people that could not get in to the police and as such have done something along the same lines albeit totally different. Now I am not saying that all customs are d...heads, but that they are there to do a job as best they can. It is true that out of 100 people there are going to be right w...ers, I bet just the same as in your industry, as it is in mine. You sit next to some of these people for 10 hours at a time and at the end of the day can rely on only comms being SOP calls and the like. It is the same for me, but I have to rely on these other people to at the end of the day save my life or at all times back me up without questioning whether he/she likes me or not, so we have a similar duty when working in a team environment.
This little tale still makes me angry when I pass through Mel. While driving the divvy van around, tending to drug addicts, violence etc there was an important job at the airport and it happened to be through the departure area of the international terminal. Not all the details had been passed on to us so we were un-informed to the nature of the job, other than it was quite urgent. Now on driving with the lights and sirens on at high speed and simply driving right up onto the footpath at Tulla and running into the terminal dressed as police with firearms and a blue uniform with the victoria police logo on it you would think that something was up. Well I guess most people would. Not Mel customs and security. I was running at a good pace through the departure hall at Mel and the customs people attempted to intercept me and my partner which was met with anger and a few choice words. On passing those select idiots, we ran through to the security area, where unbelievably I heard some of them say "they can't go through here with guns" and very delicately wanted us to hand over our guns etc. As you can imagine this was also met with such a distaste that it so happened one of the dill security officers ended up on his arse in shock.
My point is this. No matter where you go there will be morons. I spend the vast majority of my existance with them - crooks, not cops. The best thing to do is take a breath and try to relax. Also distance yourself from people that do not do this. People will always want to be pretend police, especially where there is some limited form of power, as in the customs hall. This is not just OZ but worldwide. I have seen it many times. I was once asked to produce my ID at the customs desk to confirm my occupation - which is defenately not required. I showed it and told the half wit at the desk that people like him will never do my job, as they will never be in a position to do yours. A profession is judged by the people in it. It is a shame that pilots etc do this in international terminals and that other people do also, but remember people prove themselves to be idiots as soon as they open thier mouths, so it is probably better to be quiet, I can guarantee you will be out of the arrivals hall sooner rather that later.:ugh:

mensaboy
17th Aug 2007, 17:23
I totally disagree with the general attitude wrt to Ozzies. For the most part I find them quite nice and generally have a good attitude towards life. Sadly, Sydney and Brisbane customs are not good examples of your typical Ozzie. I agree that in Perth, its not even an issue.
Some, and I reiterate SOME of the posters here are clearly those with bones to pick about Oz. Dare I say, the Lebanese for example. I will proudly state, that Oz is about the only place on the planet that is self confident enough to declare what otherwise would be not 'politically correct' in many western countries such as Canada, UK and the USA.
I don't mean to offend all the Brits, Yanks and Canucks as clearly those are great countries overall. But this attitude of accepting all cultures and letting them get away with behaviour from individuals, that would not be tolerated at all in their home countries, is absurd.
If the Ozzies wish to protect their country when it comes to carrrying in goods that are not allowed.....(and for good reason I think), then good for them. I do have a heartache when it comes to idiots in customs who seem to have no idea about the big picture, (kind of like about 15% of the Ozzie trainers at EK). Clearly Syd and Brisbane customs individuals are not indicative of the average Ozzie, well at least that is my opinion.
As far as JFK goes, honestly....... does anyone expect otherwise from these people? They have been thru 2 terms of GWB and his 'fear mongering' and due to a lack of education, FOX news, Rush Limbaugh, Rove, and a general distorted view of the world, could we expect anything less? I feel bad for them actually. Just smile (wait don't do that, they take that as a sign of guilt), but say SIR at the beginning and end of each sentence, like all US pilots do on the radio, and things seem to go smoothly.
Get off the Ozzies backs ! Its a governmental/ union issue that some stupid and power hungry individuals greet us when we enter their country. Laugh it off is my attitude. I swear its a 'jealousy' issue when it comes to aircrew (why they are jealous I have no idea) but that seems to be the case to me.

Saint_Exupery
17th Aug 2007, 17:28
Sorry I did not get the bit about the Lebanese, what do they have to do with ozzie customs?

Quokka
17th Aug 2007, 17:34
One time in PER I'll never forget. I was late off the plane after chatting with the crew and browsing through the last-minute Duty Free and when I arrived in the baggage area I could sense that I was the centre of attention from the line of Customs officers standing at the back of the room watching everyone collecting their bags.

One of the Customs guys walked up to me and asked for my Immigration card and Passport. I passed them to him with my airport ID which he perused but didn't comment on. After grilling me with questions in an acid tone of voice and staring me out for a couple of minutes he handed the documents back to me and walked away.

When I got to the queue for Nothing to Declare, I was down the back end and in for a very long wait to get out to "freedom". The same Customs guy walked up to me again and asked me to step out of the queue and follow him through some adjacent doors in a very loud and authoritarian voice. Everyone in the queue had turned around and were watching me being taken away.

As soon as the doors had closed behind me and the queue of people could no longer see what was happening the Customs guy pointed at the next set of doors saying "see those doors over there", smiled and said "see you later". I thanked him and headed out the doors.

He'd just fast-tracked me through Customs.

JonBoy80
17th Aug 2007, 17:34
Just remmember boys, the moment you step out of your ek castle, you are nothing but a crew member to customs.. Your stripes and egg splated hat means S**T to the officials in australia.. Stand in line and shut your mouth. Oh well, the american 777 guy had his mouth shut for him

GoreTex
17th Aug 2007, 18:56
diner,
you got my point, we must have met the same guy, too bad there is only one

Black Stain
17th Aug 2007, 21:47
This Australian Customs issue is an issue because of lack of understanding and education. Why dont we fix it now?

Australian agriculture really is free of most pests and diseases endemic everywhere else. It is free because of a very hard assed attitude by Customs over a very long time. Yeah, what forsight.... they deserve congratulations. As a result every Ozzie citizen enjoys better food from the supermarket than just about everywhere else. This is a golden lifestyle idol that Australian Customs are only ever going to protect more and more vigorously as import pressure continues to rise.

Get over it or dont go there.

And dont think Customs are the only ones to avoid??

Most Ozzies are very well educated about the continuous threat to OZ agriculture. Whilst in uniform, I personally witnessed an Indian with a box of contraband mangoes avoiding customs. I collared him and frog marked him to the sniffer dog. Very much enjoyed watching the rubber dick too. The mangoes were sliced open to reveal alien bugs that would have devastated Australia's mango industry.

Yeah... Strike one for Black Stain. Be sure I and all the rest of OZ will be watching for you Mustafa Rex.

GoreTex
17th Aug 2007, 22:04
brown stain,
you don't get it do you? of course nobody want's to bring in dangerous insects etc., unfortunately the english did that when they brought you people in, this is about the attitude of the customs people, you would perfectly fit in I guess.

elcAbron07
17th Aug 2007, 22:06
There's a saying which i find quite fitting with regards to this debate... Australians are really awesome people and good fun. But put a uniform on them and they become complete c**ts! And i think this applies to all that have been mentioned in this thread thus far; customs, immigration, pilots, and police (all of which I have had the misfortune of dealing with!).

Black Stain
17th Aug 2007, 22:42
Happy anytime to oblige as defender of OZ customs. There are so many assholes, OZ Customs assume every entrant is a potential asshole. Even domestic crew through some ports. Yeah even some domestic pilots have been caught interstate with published NO GO produce.

The stakes are just too high. This is a multi-billion dollar industry that could be taken down by just one asshole. Do international pilots give a damn? From a long association with your buddies, Customs obviously doesn't agree with you. Dont whine about Customs, whine to your buddies.

And what type of international entrant are we dealing with here on this forum?

I was told during an Arabian Gulf CRM course that: "We have a NO culture". Yeah, that statement was funny. "Put that cigarrete out... NO". "Turn off that phone... NO". "Put your seat belt on.... NO".

What he meant was, "in the Gulf we say no to all instruction". And he was proud of his No Culture too. Why are you surprized that all Gulf crew get a NO from Customs!!

To hell with your NO CULTURE, the rule of law rules in OZ. Am proud to rubber dick you too.

chainsaw
17th Aug 2007, 23:42
GoreTex,

You don't seem to get it either, do you? Here's why:

11th October 2006
Observation from 4HP about 'what a xenophobic miscreant you are GoreTex' in response to yout post of 10th October 2006 where you stated that Arab Pilots shouldn't fly to the US, Europe and Australia.

5th March 2007
Your observation that 'I understand the kiwis are getting bored of shagging their sheep but the locals here are very jealous and would never let them touch their beloved camels'. Oh dear, more xenophobic crap.

23rd May 2007
Your observation that 'I don't like EK and hate Dubai'. Simple answer to your problem GoreTex is to LEAVE!

And now your latest bit of xenophobic crap 'unfortunately the english did that when they brought you people [Australians] in'. That's a really stupid statement GoreTex -- think about it.

Unfortunately GoreTex, all your xenophobic rantings do is provide a good indication of behaviours and experiences on your part that suggest you're suffering from substantial mental illness and/or psychological impairment. :ugh:

PITA
17th Aug 2007, 23:56
Ozzie pilot pisses off US customs by getting naked.
US pilot pisses of Ozzies in PNE.
Stop the insanity and let me off already
Now who can I piss off?
Remember it's always better to be "pissed off" than "pissed on"

chainsaw
18th Aug 2007, 02:43
Yeah PITA, it is better to be "pissed off" than "pissed on"........particularly in the case of the

Special rubber dicking

that Black Stain's offering to administer to fools such as Mustafa Wank who desperately deserve it.

JonBoy80
18th Aug 2007, 03:50
It has nothing to do with keeping the Australian agriculture free of pests.. The point raised here is that Pilots need to stop thinking they are G_D when they are confronted with customs. But hey, the americans always want to be heard.

Al Fakhem
18th Aug 2007, 05:14
Eh.... and why is all this in the "Middle East" forum?:confused:

SoundByDesign
18th Aug 2007, 05:35
If Desert Diners' quote is accurate:

"trust me All nationalalities...fall into the embarrasing category ......
From observations, the ozzies tend to have a knack to be first in that line."

Perhaps our Antipodean friends might spread this skill to all queuing inbound crews?

JonBoy80
19th Aug 2007, 11:13
Small dick syndrome.

ojguilty
19th Aug 2007, 17:18
Small dick syndrome.

Please, no more derogatory comments about the Littlest Canuck. Underneath that insecure, fragile, overcompensating, Napoleonic exterior is a sensitive little man.

Repeat after me:

I deeply respect Mensaboy.

clear to land
19th Aug 2007, 17:33
I'll throw my 2 fils in fwiw. Australia does have VERY strict quarantine regulations. As previously pointed out, this is to protect multi-billion dollar industries. Also, the overall general health of the Australian public: consider that Australia actually achieved TOTAL eradication of malaria, when all its near neighbours (NZ excepted) are rife with it. Strict quarantine was one of the things that made this possible. Now consider that, although the ex police poster pointed out that ACS staff are probably Police Service wannabees (and I' m sure there are some in that category), they are, in effect, bureaucratic drones, who come from a system that punishes initiative. Also, on any given day, they are probably at least 25% undermanned so that their Dept Manager will increase his/her bonus. That is the reality of the Aust Public Service today, with managers being on contracts. Overworked/understaffed ring a bell with anyone here...Bueller...

Now an aircrew arrives from an o/s flight. There seems to always be at least one on my flights that just happens to have (you name it) restricted/inadmissable items. I always state before leaving hotel, on bus and then on acft that declare any foodstuffs, what you can bring is limited etc. I have had crew with potatoes for F^$& sake, still try and bring them in.
Combine that, tired crew and an overworked ACS Hitler wannabe and it is a recipe for disaster. They will ALWAYS win, one way or the other. As an Aussie, I find ACS in most of our ports a national embarrassment, but I try and look at the big picture. Do you trust ALL of your crew to do the right thing everytime (even after telling them). My own experience has taught me not too. Aussies are very direct, some people don't like it, but isn't it better to know where you stand? When dealing with any bureaucrat anywhere (Aus, UAE, UK), the best approach is to smile and be a little patient, no matter how much you want to choke them. Also, FWIW, the ABSOLUTE worst customs I have experienced is LAX, followed by LHR. I do agree that SYD/BNE rank up there as BAD!

JonBoy80
19th Aug 2007, 17:54
I deeply respect mensaboy

THE WORLD KNOWS THAT THE LAND OF CONVICTS IS STRICT WITH ITS CONTROLS. HOWEVER WE ARE DISCUSSINGTHE ATTITUDE OF THIS AMERICAN PILOT.

YOU NEED TO FOLLOW ON.. DUHHHH

GoreTex
20th Aug 2007, 21:34
right on radnav, if the kiwis can do it why not the ozzies?