PDA

View Full Version : Instrument sim

TANGO TANGO
15th Aug 2007, 17:48
Hello all,
just starting my atpl d/l at the end of the month and i was wondering does any one practice instruments on there pc and if so what package do you use? and do/did you find it helpful?

Cheers
Tango Tango.

Deano777
15th Aug 2007, 19:22
TANGO

Yes, MS Flight Sim. It works a treat, I practised all the sim details on there for my IR, even my test route a few times.
One paticular detail in the sim saw us do a complicated STAR procedure into Birmingham, I practised a few times on MSFS, jumped in the sim and flew it near perfect.

You don't need the fancy expensive sims, just flight sim will suffice (well it did for me anyway) good luck :ok:
p.s. I also flew my sim profile that I had as part of an airline assessment, and yes it helped alot too.

redout
15th Aug 2007, 21:14
I have used http://www.cockpitweb.com/ifrsoft.html and have found it most helpful. It lets you practice holdings, dme arcs, non-precision and precision approaches and VOR interceptions. It comes with a IFR manual to explain all the manoeuvre's. I would certainly recommend it for anyone from beginners to seasoned pilots just to keep sharp.