PDA

View Full Version : FROZEN AUSTRALIAN ATPL. Any good in India?

iamanaussiemavrick
15th Aug 2007, 13:53
Hi,

I am an indian citizen and i have an Australian CPL and MECIR. I was planning to give my ATPL papers here in Australia. But i was wondering whether it would do any good to me as i would be going back to india to convert my license.

Is it better to convert the license and then do the ALTP over there or do it over here, get a frozen one and go back.

Cheers:ok:

Canuck15
16th Aug 2007, 01:00
dude get the atp and then convert ...it will putyou in a better position in the market .....

Left Wing
16th Aug 2007, 12:46
Canuck15 is bang on !....get the full ATP you can then convert directly indian ATP......

This way you are sure of a 737 or 320 job..no one will waste you on ATR's

on_the_right
16th Aug 2007, 17:40
hi fellas,

so in conclusion, frozen AUS ATPL cannot be converted to a frozen indian ATPL, right ?

on the sidelines, interesting choice of a nickname, considering u an indian citizen. almost took you for an aussie :).

cheers,

OTR

iamanaussiemavrick
17th Aug 2007, 05:10
Hi Left Wing,

I dont have 1500 hours to make my ATPL unfrozen. I have only 300 hours TT of which 50 Multi.

I would only be able to do my Frozen ATPL here since i would be moving to india by next year.

I heard that we cannot convert the Frozen ATPL(theory papers).

Would it be of any advantage having the Frozen ATPL(Australian) for my chances of getting a job back in India?

Cheers
:sad:

Left Wing
17th Aug 2007, 08:36
http://indianpilots.great-forum.com/

http://www.indianaviators.com/

air_cowboy
17th Aug 2007, 13:41
aussie maverick...

i am in a similar boat as you apart from i have a JAR frozen ATPL with 300TT.
i would get that AUSSIE frozen atpl coz then when u have 1500TT u can get ur AUSSIE atpl unfrozen and then convert that to the INDIAN atpl which would make life a little easier coz if my info is right (...and anyone please correct me if u know otherwise)... to get an INDIAN atpl after the INDIAN cpl you have to give some papers+viva... whereas if you are converting to the INDIAN atpl you skip the viva part and just do the papers.
india has nothing such as INDIAN frozen atpl....

...as far as it benifiting you in getting a job here in india i doubt it makes that much difference... they happy as long as you have your indian cpl.

a_c

iamanaussiemavrick
17th Aug 2007, 16:03
I hope from the discussions we had over here, it is better to have a frozen ATPL as it would do some good in nearby future for someone who is in my situation.

Thanks guys
:ok:

vinayak
17th Aug 2007, 16:22
its easier to get a cpl. atpl u have to give oral exams and everything and thats a real b****h. And the syllabus for it is reallly not something u wanna crunch on. just get indian cpl, get a job... and then give atpl