PDA

View Full Version : For Those who've moved on to better stuff without paying

Playne Krash Fiona
15th Aug 2007, 08:13
This might pi*s off a few pruners, but so what!

I'm increasingly antagonistic toward those fools that have paid for endorsements in the last few years. I'm going to blow me own horn here and let it to be known, that despite the odd offer or 2 in the last few years, I've always made it clear that I was'nt goin to fork out!! I am now in a position of which I am proud and all training was paid for including a decent wage.
To all those that have adopted the same ethics, goodonya:D

To all you v*&gin and clownstar monkeys, shame on you all:=

Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower
15th Aug 2007, 08:24
Hear hear !!!!!.

ForkTailedDrKiller
15th Aug 2007, 08:55
"I've always made it clear that I was'nt goin to fork out!!"

.... but have you paid for endorsements, Fiona?

Dehavillanddriver
15th Aug 2007, 09:05
Dont suppose your flash new company paid you a training wage whilst they endorsed and line trained you?

If they did YOU paid for the endorsement..

QF pay for the endorsement BUT pay a training wage

DJ pay for the endorsement but get paid full tote odds from day 1

At the end of 2 years it is pretty much a muchness.

Metro man
15th Aug 2007, 09:42
From your name it sounds like you are female and therefore were likely to have been given preference over male applicants for the job. So get down off your high horse. In Australia if you are a straight white male you are at the back of the queue.

Some people who get jobs know someone in the company, some pay for the endorsement and some are members of minority groups such as women or ethnics.

You may well have been employed over better applicants in order to "make up the numbers", remember that. :E

ForkTailedDrKiller
15th Aug 2007, 09:45
........ Ah no, sorry. That's "put out" not "fork out", isn't it!

bogdantheturnipboy
15th Aug 2007, 11:42
Don't worry Metro Man, there are plenty of straight white males looking out for straight white males.

I am an ethnic, lesbian with a slight disability and it hasn't helped me none.:ooh:

SmokingHole
15th Aug 2007, 11:43
In Australia if you are a straight white male you are at the back of the queue

Think you mean straight white Smoking male from Tasmania

*Lancer*
15th Aug 2007, 12:30
How is paying for an endorsement any different to paying for an instrument rating? Or CPL?

Keg
15th Aug 2007, 12:37
QF pay for the endorsement BUT pay a training wage.

Yes, QF pay for the endorsement and pay you $33K per annum whilst you're doing the training. Once you check to line you go on year one pay as a S/O. Depending on the aircraft type this is 3-15% less than what you earn as a 2 year S/O.

Somehow I think you're WAY in front of:

DJ pay for the endorsement but get paid full tote odds from day 1.

Capt Basil Brush
15th Aug 2007, 12:38
This has to be written by a bloke looking for a wind-up, given the way it is written, and the 'tone' of it.

If it was written by a "fiona", holy sh!t she must be butch!! (or very, very "playne")

And very obvious sour grapes with VB and J*.

2p!ssed2drive
15th Aug 2007, 12:54
this person is highly likely NOT female.

the name was derived from a nice girl who I knew, who had an unfortunate accident in an aeroplane.... I'll let you guess her name.

this person should be deleted from pprune

Bula
15th Aug 2007, 21:34
Maybe you just couldn't cut the mustard so wanted to make sure you were employed for greater security.

Its ok... no really

Playne Krash Fiona
15th Aug 2007, 22:20
2p2d,

My pseudonym is in no way derived from anyone unfortunate enough to have been involved in an aircraft accident.
In the same vane, I'm sure the meteorologist who created 'Hurricane Katrina' did not in any way mean for her/his naming to be related to any victim of this storm, who might have been called katrina.
Why we are at it, I happen to find your pseudo a little on the offensive side having been the victim of someone who was too pis*$ed to walk, let alone drive!!

MetroM

You appear from your writings to be presumptious and narrow minded. That is why you may have found yourself at the back of the queue on some occasions.

To the rest of you,

I've never paid for an endorsement and never will. I do not have a problem with a training wage and no matter which way you look at it, it is still an income. DJ and the other lot do not pay you a salary until at least completion of endorsement. Paying for CPL/IR's etc are your basic qualifications. Like most other professions, we fork out for this. These are licences and ratings NOT endorsements.

To those of you that have paid your way into 737/320 positions you are a part of the demise of this once great industry, especially those mainliners that went over!

No sour grapes because I've never considered a career with either of them.

*Lancer*
16th Aug 2007, 01:50
PKF, you're absolutely positive you've never paid for an endorsement?

How about a multi engine aircraft ENDORSEMENT? Or a SE aircraft <5700kg ENDORSEMENT? Retractable ENDORSEMENT? CSU ENDORSEMENT? ;)

It just depends on where you draw the line. Lots of employers only accept applications from pilots that already have the endorsement and/or experience on a particular aircraft type. Those that do provide endorsements usually pay peanuts during the process, or bond you for years (even Qantas).

nike
16th Aug 2007, 03:00
Curious to see the responses are not at all interested in the idea that maybe it's bloody good to get a job without having to fork out cash.

Nit picking apart the poster for the sake of trying to make them look bad is plain dumb.

Here's to the day that everyone sees the light.

Mr.Buzzy
16th Aug 2007, 03:16
What you mean Fiona is that you have been unable to get a gig until the industry has started taking anyone with a licence and a heartbeat.

bbbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzz zzzzz

Sykes
16th Aug 2007, 03:40
PKF, so you've NEVER paid for ANY endorsements, etc.

Well GOOD FOR YOU! :rolleyes:

And now you feel the urge get up on your soapbox and lecture the rest of us on how good you are because of this, and that anyone who's paid for anything

are a part of the demise of this once great industry

Well done on starting YET ANOTHER pointless, useless thread on D&G.

This has been done to death in the past, and like most of these threads will probably be shut down once people start on personal attacks in their posts. :ugh:

Oh wait, That's already started :yuk:

kiwi chick
16th Aug 2007, 03:54
Wow. It's happened. Finally, a post on the Proooon that has really, really PISSED ME OFF.

If you are a chick, then it's chicks like you that give the rest of us the [deserved in this case] lashings and comments and derogatory inferences, such as:

From your name it sounds like you are female and therefore were likely to have been given preference over male applicants for the job

and some are members of minority groups such as women or ethnics. You may well have been employed over better applicants in order to "make up the numbers", remember that.

........ Ah no, sorry. That's "put out" not "fork out", isn't it!

Maybe you just couldn't cut the mustard so wanted to make sure you were employed for greater security.

until the industry has started taking anyone with a licence and a heartbeat.

If you're a boy, shame on you and I hope your willy falls off. :=

Anyone getting the picture as to why i might be f**ked off? Heaven forbid there might actually be some girls out there who can fly the ass off their male counterparts. It would appear from this post, however, that maybe there just ISN'T...

kiwi chick
16th Aug 2007, 03:56
PS: as she cracks the top off a beer bottle with her hairy armpit and redjusts her testicles...

SmokingHole
16th Aug 2007, 04:22
Heaven forbid there might actually be some girls out there who can fly the ass off their male counterparts.

Sure there are....they're just fugly-thats why they don't last

You don't have to be a good aviator, just a good looker with nice tatas

kiwi chick
16th Aug 2007, 04:52
LOL! Goes both ways tho huh?!

Don't have to be a good pilot, just own testicles ;) (i bought some off ebay...)

ForkTailedDrKiller
16th Aug 2007, 04:54
"Heaven forbid there might actually be some girls out there who can fly the ass off their male counterparts"

Kiwi Chick - one of the best pilots I have flown with was a "chick".

She was very decorative to boot!

Sorry, I know that's not PC but I can't help it. I am a bloke and we are just hard wired that way!

Mind you - she was sleeping with the Chief Pilot at the time! Not that that affected her polling ability.

Oh dam it! There I go again!

Dr :cool:

kiwi chick
16th Aug 2007, 05:32
LOL, you're just askin for a slappin, aren't you?! :suspect:

(it will cost you) :O

squawk6969
16th Aug 2007, 05:43
Hey KC,

If you have plenty of suitable and equally well qualified applicants, its costs no more to hire the better scenery!;)

And to this end you will win every time:ok:.

Just lucky you have good looks and good flying skills!

SQ:E

Much Ado
16th Aug 2007, 06:08
While this as been fun...and I must say 'gratifying' to see our new resident 'girly with balls' wading in to the fray, beer in hand...and as much as I love watching a good non PC 'flogging' as much as anyone...well...all good things must cum to an end else it all end in tears.

At the not inconsiderable risk of being labelled heavy handed...'Click'