PDA

View Full Version : Flying in Beijing in need of medical soon...

airships2007
15th Aug 2007, 04:27
Hey guys,

First time to post. I'm an FAA ATP pilot flying on a temp CAAC commercial license in Beijing. I'm wondering if there are any FAA examiners in Beijing I could renew my First Class medical at and if so what are the costs. Any help is appreciated.

cavortingcheetah
19th Aug 2007, 23:49
:hmm:

You don't say whether or not you are a US citizen, but, especially if you were, this is what one could do.
Telephone the US Embaassy, or go there.
Find out the the name of the doctor they use in Beijing for their staff. With that as a starting point you might get referred further to the man you want.
You might also see if you could get through to the Air Attache. Probably have to leave a letter of explanation for someone of his rank.

You could also repeat your post, perhaps worded slightly differently in the South Asia and Far East Forum?
Best of luck.:)

Earl
22nd Aug 2007, 02:59
Could not find any listing for this but will check futher tomorrow cavorting chettah.
Have to go to the FAA office anyway.
If you have any chance to jump seat or ID 90 down to KUL Malaysia there is a FAA AME there that can do your 1st class FAA medical, EKG and all.
Only 20 bucks last time I went was wondering if this was even legal.
But things are different in many parts.
Seems the far east will save you money.
Just paid 3 months ago 200 Euros in Madrid.
In KUl this guy is located in the twin towers, really nice guy, Indian I think.
Good luck

cavortingcheetah
22nd Aug 2007, 08:07
:)
This might work, or it might not. Here is a link to some AMEs in Hong Kong.
http://ame.cami.jccbi.gov/amelist.asp
Perhaps one of them can point you in the direction of a mainland China AME?
:cool:
FAA.gov Home
AMEs Located in the Country of HONG KONG
Number Name City, State, Zip
03338 ROBERT A. COCKS MD LANTAU ISLAND, HONG KONG -
03337 MICHELE Y. H. LIEW MD LANTAU ISLAND, HONG KONG -
02613 FRANCIS M O'TREMBA MD TSIMSHATSUI, KOWLOON, HONG KONG -
Updated: 08:49 am ET AUG 20, 2007
firstgov.gov | Privacy Policy | Web Policies & Notices | Site Map | Contact Us | Frequently Asked Questions | Forms
U.S. Department of Transportation
Federal Aviation Administration
800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20591
Readers & Viewers: PDF Reader | MS Word Viewer | MS PowerPoint Viewer | MS Excel Viewer | WinZip

That got the information up and running at last!

Earl
23rd Aug 2007, 00:19
Have the same info from the FAA today, web site www.faa.gov
Hope this helps.

airships2007
27th Aug 2007, 03:20
I truly appreciate all the information I have received. I am a US citizen here in Beijing. I actually fly an airship right now for the upcoming summer olympics so jump seating is a problem. My how I long for the days of flying for a regional. Did I actually say that. I will try all and once again thanks to everyone!