PDA

View Full Version : Gulfair Direct entry

eagle1900
15th Aug 2007, 02:11
i was just wondering that can i apply for non type rated with gulfair, the only requirements i dont have is 1500 and valid icao atpl or jaa frozen, i am currently flying b1900 with a small airline in newzealand and i have around 1000 hours total flying time in which 600 is on turboprop. And i do have completed all the atpl subjects in newzealand and newzealand atpl you need to sit a flight test to get a full atpl license once you have the hours and i wanted to know if gulfair accepts me shall i sit my flight test in newzealand to get the full atpl or they will do something about it

regards
mark

TZZ
15th Aug 2007, 03:40
i think gulfair require JAA theoratical knowledge, but try you wont loose anything

ironbutt57
15th Aug 2007, 04:03
The full ATPL will make you more competetive for sure:ok:

parabellum
15th Aug 2007, 04:35
There used to be a whole bunch of NZ pilots on the B767 back in the late eighties and early nineties, all with NZ ATPL.

eagle1900
15th Aug 2007, 09:25
cheers buddy but my main concern is because i dont have full atpl license just the subjects will they try to credit my subjects and get whatever atpl license gulfair pilot holds.

TZZ
15th Aug 2007, 10:06
Eagle i am bahraini national presently in newzealand i am hoping to finish my atpl subjects next week and i have got basic gas turbine knowledge certificate approved under CAA but some people tell me its fine that gf will credit the subjects and some told me they want JAA theoretical knowledge, so in my case is fingerscrossed if they credited them than i dont have to do a bridge course which take 5 months but on the other side i dont even mind doing jaa exams, anyway try and see you will never loose when you apply the only thing u might loose is 10 mins of ur time applying online good luck and hope to see u flying there one day

Luke SkyToddler
15th Aug 2007, 11:14
Mark, you say that you meet all the requirements apart from the licence, but the website clearly states that in order to be considered, you require >500 hours on aircraft greater than 12,500 kgs MTOW. Last time I checked, the B1900 was around half that?

Given that you don't meet their stated minimums in terms of either

1. Holding an ICAO ATPL or JAA FATPL
2. Having the required 1500 hours total time
3. Having 500 hours on any aircraft that's big enough to meet their requirements
4. Preferably having jet experience, glass cockpit

... my guess would be that you're sh!t out of luck mate :hmm:

I do wonder about your authenticity to be honest, since when exactly did Eagle start taking on 400-total-hours pilots into the B1900?

eagle1900
29th Aug 2007, 09:00
has anybody been invited for the assesments?