PDA

View Full Version : CPL Practice test

B767PL
14th Aug 2007, 22:20
Does anybody know if there is a JAA CPL practice or sample test anywhere on the internet?

Also, if CPL(A) is written, does the A signify "airplane"?

One last thing; I found this link on the internet http://www.jaa.nl/licensing/jar-fcl/jar-fcl_cpla_frame.html

Are those questions from some question bank for each section? Or are they questions for each of the sections listed there, such as "Mass and balance" "Performance" etc. Or is that a sample test for the CPL?

Sorry, I am not too familiar with this. Thank you :ok:

Mercenary Pilot
14th Aug 2007, 22:28
Does anybody know if there is a JAA CPL practice or sample test anywhere on the internet? Yes, but as far as I know you have to pay a small fee for them.

Also, if CPL(A) is written, does the A signify "airplane"?"Aeroplane"

Are those questions from some question bank for each section? Or are they questions for each of the sections listed there, such as "Mass and balance" "Performance" etc. Or is that a sample test for the CPL?

Those are the learning objectives. There used to be some sample questions on there too which actually used to appear in the real exams....probably still do! :p

Turbine King
14th Aug 2007, 23:36
There are hundreds of free sample questions on here

www.cranfieldaviation.com/go/demo

potkettleblack
15th Aug 2007, 10:24
Just to clarify something....Do you REALLY want the CPL questions or is it the ATPL theoretical knowledge that you are after? Are you converting from an overseas licence?

Under JAA the CPL theory is really worthless unless you want to be a career instructor for the rest of your life. There is no way to "upgrade" the CPL theory to get an ATPL at a later date. You would then have to do the 14 ATPL exams which will be ball aching. Much of the course material is duplicated which makes it even more insane but thems the rules.

Most people will do the ATPL theoretical knowledge as it allows you to instruct or go straight into commercial flying once the other training is completed.

A copy of a document called LASORS can be downloaded off the UK CAA website. It lists the papers you must do for either the CPL or the ATPL theoretical exams plus any exemptions you might be allowed depending on flying hours. I would suggest getting that, then giving a couple of the schools a call (eg: Bristol etc) and get any of your detailed questions asked. Better from the horses mouth and all that.

B767PL
18th Aug 2007, 06:57
I thank all of you for your replies, it is all helpful information.

potkettleblack, I was not aware that you cannot upgrade the CPL into an ATPL within the JAA. Since you have mentioned that, it is indeed the ATPL that I would be interested in.

I am soon to begin instructing here in the U.S, and soon thereafter hope to apply to some of the regionals here which are hiring like mad at the moment. Following maybe a year of two of expierience there, I would like to see what I can do about trying to at least start converting to a European ATPL and fly there. I was born in Poland which gives me working rights in the EU, and would very much like to return to my home country.

If any of you have any other links to help prepare for any of these 14 exams, that would be great. Thank you in advance for all the help.

Soft landings.:ok: