PDA

View Full Version : BA Recruitment

VSQUARED
18th Jan 2002, 12:35
Recieved a letter yesterday from BA stating that I was one of the 36 people in their DEP hold, between interview and sim. Looks like they will be recommencing recruitment, but not for at least 3 months. Other nice news was the fact that they honoured contracts with start dates after September. If you are one of the 36 good luck.

jetgirl
18th Jan 2002, 13:18
I got one saying I was only one of 19 between sim and medical. Really nice letter and nice to be kept informed. Not at all sure what it means tho!!! Maybe good....i hope.

chug
18th Jan 2002, 17:02
Nice to see that some airlines have honored their pre 11th Sep contracts. Go took just 13 days from the attack to dishonour theirs to non-737 rated pilots. Would be interested to see how many contracts were terminated.

Holer Moler
18th Jan 2002, 18:38
Have it from a very reliable source (someone in BA recruitment) the only Pilots that BA will recruit for at least the next 12 months will be those who already hold an Airbus Rating. All to do with cost savings.

Fright Level
20th Jan 2002, 00:15
Deck Jockey, unfortunately the inertia of the BA training machine means that all DEP's have to do the course even if they are already rated, but it may be that selecting people current on type will speed things up.

The reason BA are being so polite is that they are no longer the leader in terms and conditions, DEP's are lagging behind market rates and if they are not nice to you, they'd have a shortage of applicants! Look long and hard at the new terms, and don't make any decisions until the "size and shape" document has been published.

Good luck.