14th Aug 2007, 20:16
Hi there,

Anyone know about aviation college in Aus. called 'RMIT'???:confused:

Do they have JAR training??

How good is their training???... etc.

JetABro
17th Aug 2007, 03:24
RMIT = Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
This is a very good uni in Melbourne. I understand they do their flying out of YMME which is right next door to YMML, the main international airport for Melbourne.
Unsure about JAR.

Omania335
19th Aug 2007, 23:03
Oman air Cadets also going there about 15 and 9 CPL IR holder for thier upgrade course

iamanaussiemavrick
20th Aug 2007, 05:49
RMIT is very good..Dont think they have JAR prog.. WAAC , perth has JAR.. heard thy r good.. try them

Larry01
20th Sep 2007, 06:52
Could someone please advise / comment on their Diploma of Air Transport (Airline Pilot) program, thanks in advance.

Larry01
21st Sep 2007, 01:13
Thanks (FP ACE) for the info.

sydpilot
16th Mar 2008, 10:52
To anyone want to do flight training:
RMIT flight training is hopeless even I finished and in Sydney I still heard that feb 2007 class only 2 people finished out of 24 and mid year 2007 guys has no class everyday they don’t really care about student all don't know how many people gonna finish but not my problem anymore ask those guys who's still in there if u wanna know what happen

whyaren'tuflyingboy
16th Mar 2008, 19:43
I too started and quickly left them. The flight training was lousy and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. RMIT used to have such a good name. They are just GFS from Moorabbin paying RMIT to use the RMIT name. They only do the CASA syllabus not JAR. You would be well advised to go elsewhere as I did and I never looked back, finishing in 14 months total for a good deal less money than they were charging. Good Luck!