PDA

View Full Version : Cx, The Myth Of High Pay

sisyphos
14th Aug 2007, 19:23
NET (!) Salary Netjets 8500 Euros ( 11200 U$ ).

IF we go onshore on the bases this would be equal the GROSS Salary for a B-Scale CPT !!!!!!

Forget about these ridicolous 2 or 3 % increase offers, the truth is we will all suffer a major, major pay cut next year.:eek:

ChairmanBoysClub
15th Aug 2007, 07:42
And? Then? will all the guys walk out like they are doing just now? :8 Cause thats really happening in CX, right? :ok:

sisyphos
15th Aug 2007, 11:38
you have a point there, granted.

but isn't the question rather if people will still give up a command/command in 2-3 Years at a low cost carrier/regional/netjets for a paycheck BELOW what they do earn at the moment, just for the promise of a pax command in, erh, 14 YEARS ???

At least I wouldn't.

moosp
15th Aug 2007, 12:21
I think it`s the Big Iron attraction, as the cousins put it. If you are on a CRJ or Biz jet in a pretty well paid job in the rest of the world, the buzz to get in the right hand seat of a 747-400 at even a reduced salary is palpable. CX can put pilots of very low experience into the right seat of an airliner. Most other airlines do, and have done in the past.

So whilst CX are losing guys with experience to other carriers, there will always be a line up for F/O jobs at almost any price. The company´s trick is to make sure that training costs remain above the line (i.e. pre tax) so that the staff turnover is containable the shareholders.

The only measure that the CX board uses for pilot employment is crew cost per revenue tonne kilometer. As long as that measure decreases every year, they are content. How FOP makes it happen is up to them, but you can see where the pressure comes from.

canuck revenger
4th Sep 2007, 03:38
bump........

Machpointeightfour
4th Sep 2007, 12:03
Hi folks

Anybody got the exact payscale for a year 1 Freigther FO europe based?

I´ve allready bin on ppjn but its listed in US dollars only does it also apply to europe bases?

Thanks.

air pressure
4th Sep 2007, 14:04
CX management feel that the pay raises offered were 'fair' and 'generous'....:ugh:

jacobus
4th Sep 2007, 14:45
Good luck with the rapid command....not. What do you think the rest of us are doing here...sat with our fingers up our jacks waiting for that "rapid command" just to come along??!!:p Don't expect too many printable, full of the milk of human kindness ,replies...All the best...:oh:

jollyrogers
4th Sep 2007, 19:33
The ``rapid command``thing is a poisened gift.Try to get in touch with the boys that had a go and ask their opinion.They also were very experienced skippers with 10.000hrs + but still didn`t make it.Some of them were even 747 rated.My suggestion: join the company as an F.O.,learn to understand the game and play it when you are ready.This way you will protect your job and increase your chances for succes.
Up to you to decide!