PDA

View Full Version : CPL / MEP and IR at different training companies?

scallaghan
14th Aug 2007, 19:14
Hi

I am thinking about doing my CPL / MEP rating at a airfield near where I live to save accomodation costs.

However for the IR I would need to go to Bournemouth.

Would a first time employer frown upon the training being completed between two training providers? If so would it be better to do everything at Bournemouth.

I am thinking about using PAT or BCFT at Bournemouth for either just the IR or for everything.

Does anyone have any recent experience of either of these two training organisation?

Wodka
14th Aug 2007, 19:44
Not a good idea.

Airlines are looking for an easy to follow audit trail of your training - this means doing all the pro flying and pref MCC with one outfit. Not thr cheapest option in all probability - but you pay peanuts....etc

:cool:

fantom
14th Aug 2007, 20:11
With respect, I do not agree.

We have taken pilots with licences scraped together from several providers.

It is the end result that matters.

Mercenary Pilot
14th Aug 2007, 22:03
Airlines are looking for good quality training and I've never heard of them auditing training records (however, this could be different in regard to integrated/sponsored cadets but its obvious that we are talking modular pilots here). The FTO's you have mentioned have good reputations (at least as far as I'm aware) so I don't foresee any issues there.

You will probably be asked where you did some parts of your training but its just a general question, aviation is a pretty small world and it's likely that the interviewer may know someone that was involved at some point with your training or skills tests etc. Also, most pilots (myself included) asked instructors/HoT/CP to provide a reference on a C.V.

So to answer your question...No it doesn't matter. However, I would recommend getting some good CPL/ME training as it will make the the IR rating much easier to manage and save you money in the long run.

Best of luck

MP

:ok: