PDA

View Full Version : Where to do the training - CPL/ATPL target? Please help!!!

Czech JellyHead
14th Aug 2007, 15:09
Hi guys,
I'm new to the PPRuNe so please don't beat me if I ask something which allready have been discussed 1k times.
I'm planning to start my pilot training very soon. I'm 27 so I would like to go through as fast as possibble - 2 years school is not an option!!! I'm ready to go full time. I'm from Czech Republic so weather conditions for flying are pretty limited as only 7-8 months in the year are suitable for flying. And as we have only 3 flying schools(number of aircrafts limited) I'm pretty restricted on that level too. Not mentioning the financial matter which is a common problem in Europe:ugh:. So I came with following idea. Unfortunately I don't have a clue how difficuilt and if it is even possible:confused:. Please share your comments.
I would go for FAA PPL+hours build-up in Florida to total of around 120hrs. Then I would like to convert/validate the FAA PPL into JAA one and do the IR, ME and CPL theory and exams in Europe(Czech Rep. if possible) to get JAR CPL, eventully Frozen ATPL. Do you think this is the way?
When I'm done I'm willing to work anywhere in the world. Is the JAR Frozen ATPL the best option or is the FAA CPL good to get a job as well? Which countries recognize FAA licenses?
Thanks a lot for all your ideas and comments in advance.
Brgds,
Czech JellyHead

L-13
15th Aug 2007, 15:41
Hi Czech JellyHead,

Both JAR - FAA are very good, FAA will be much cheaper to do, unless you are company sponsored for JAA..:)
But doing FAA PPL - convert to JAA PPL and then start working on your JAA CPL IR ME is not a bad idea at all. So you've already have both faa/jaa PPL licence and with some 120 hrs FAA, you already have more hrs, and doing jaa in a flight school, gives you min. 200 hrs, so you'll have about 320 hrs after completion of your trainig..which is not bad at all
But you either go for full JAA ab-initio training which takes you from 0 to frozen ATPL
or FAA from 0 to CPL ME IR (+ instructor ratings (not obligatory)
both faa and jaa, 'i think' are accepted almost everywhere in the world. if you really want to work in europe not outside europe I should go for the JAA

cheerio

Czech JellyHead
17th Aug 2007, 21:39
Hi L-13,

thanks a lot for your suggestions:ok:. I appreciate it because I'm absolutely new to this JAA/FAA legal requirements etc. and it ain't easy to find dependable information.

BTW I've been thinking about doing the training from zero to CPL in Australia. Haven't you heard any info about that? Is the Aussie licence recognized worldwide?

Tks a lot, brgds,

C J H

redsnail
17th Aug 2007, 21:46
The Australian license is ICAO so yes it's recognised but you'll still need to convert it. It's very well recognised in Asia and the ME.

You can do a JAA course in Australia (Western Australia) and you do the IR in the UK.

SD.
17th Aug 2007, 22:27
Don't forget that you can take the IR and ME course in any JAA member state, just because you have a British CPL doesn't mean you have to do the IR in Britain.

Another thing I saw is someone suggested to do the FAA PPL and then convert it. No need to bother with JAA PPL, you can start the JAA ATPL theory with any ICAO PPL.