PDA

View Full Version : CTC Wings ATP

flying_crazy
14th Aug 2007, 13:45
Hello !
Have anyone here ever applied CTC Wings ATP program?
Will it be a good oportunity for someone who has a recent Frozen ATPL and JAA CPL licence?

Best regards.

Canadapilot
14th Aug 2007, 17:18
I'm certainly hoping to apply when i'm back, maybe during the 20minutes in the year that they're actually accepting applications! It's a few grand more than a straight MCC but the job prospects seem more optimistic with their contacts in the industry and graduate history.

littco
14th Aug 2007, 21:34
Hi I applied back in March, You need 1st series passes in the CPL, IR and 1st time passes in the ATPL exams with an average above 85% just to get passed stage 1.
I have had emails from them since saying that they are not looking at new applicants until August, then Spetember and recently they emailed to say October/November! and my application is still on hold and will continued once they re-open it.
Needless to say I found work else where so theres one less person in the system..
But yes it was the most appealing option to get into an airline with out having to pay for a full type rating.

Canadapilot
15th Aug 2007, 00:20
Interesting Littco...so doing a regular MCC will still put you in as good a chance of getting a job?

flying_crazy
16th Aug 2007, 16:36
Hello!
Thank you very much for your opinions.

Regards.

Fair_Weather_Flyer
16th Aug 2007, 19:47
The bottom line from someone who is in the hold pool at the moment is, applications are closed right now, have been for some time and will be for the medium term future. CTC have increased the number of WINGS cadets going through the system and that means less demand for ATP pilots. There is also less demand from the partner airlines. So, will it be a good oportunity for someone who has a recent Frozen ATPL and JAA CPL licence. For now, the answer is "no" I'm afraid.