PDA

View Full Version : Air Lingus

Extended Range
14th Aug 2007, 12:09
I know a strange topic for this forum but I was wondering with all the Irish crew we have in KA on the freighter are any considering going to their National airline all be it to be based in Belfast. They are currently recruiting for DEC's with basic pay on par with KA. We've already lost some good guys with a couple more to follow shortly. Just wondering will the flood gates open? We're already short on crew with many flights cancelled or serioulsly delayed on top of a crap pay increase proposal. Morale is at an all time low.

ka500
14th Aug 2007, 12:15
Lots of guys in KA are looking out for new jobs, not just the irish contingent. Its a crap place to work!

vikena
14th Aug 2007, 13:12
I know alot of guys in Aer Lingus. Its not the place it used to be but the salary's not bad and the pension's ok.
The one thing I'm sure of is that I would sign up to a Belfast contract at this time at my peril.
The Union there IALPA is extremely strong and if they dont want guys to sign up to lesser contracts in Belfast or anywhere else then that's good enough for me.
I know KA is crap but I wouldn't use that as an excuse just to undermine the integrity of one of the last decent pilot unions in the world.
V

joebanana
14th Aug 2007, 20:47
Fine words Vikena. It's a shame that some of our scabs didn't have the same attitude. Respect mate. :D

Jose Jimenez
15th Aug 2007, 19:52
Scabs? Scab: a derogatory term used for a person who refuses to honor a strike and crosses a picket line in order to work where the strike is taking place. (from: http://cwalocal13500.com/glossary.htm)

Last time I checked, nobody struck and nobody crossed any picket line in Hong Kong!

Stop callin' 'em scabs while AOA members (and GC members) took command and JFO upgrades to fill the empty slots of the fired 49ers.

Get a grip...!

Peebee and Jay
16th Aug 2007, 03:35
Well said Jose :D. Banana does not know the meaning of the word respect. Creating division during a time we all have to stick together? Well done mate. Keep living in the past. :ugh:

joebanana
16th Aug 2007, 07:39
Sorry boys, you're barking up the wrong tree. It appears that you've got the CX blinkers on again, but then again we are only your low cost subsidiary :hmm:

The 'scab' reference was about the few individuals that joined KA recently in defiance of an IFALPA recruitment ban. That argument has been done to death on other threads and if you feel like educating yourselves you can do a search in this forum.

You talk about sticking together in times of crisis and I couldn't agree more with those sentiments, but I ask you what 'respect' did the 'ban breakers' show to their fellow pilots?

Jose Jimenez
17th Aug 2007, 23:46
What respect did those who took upgrades to fill the empty positions of fired 49ers show to the 49ers?

Jose Jimenez
17th Aug 2007, 23:48
The 'scab' reference was about the few individuals that joined KA recently in defiance of an IFALPA recruitment ban.
Sorry, bananahead, but once again, someone who joins in defiance of a "recruitment ban" (a wimpy excuse to appease those who don't have the balls to go on strike) is not a SCAB. End of discussion.

vikena
18th Aug 2007, 01:35
Just to put you lads in the picture with what I gather is happening over in Ireland.

It is different on many levels to what has happened here.

There is an IFALPA recruitment ban AND the guys are going on strike.

Pilots and management have signed agreements regarding who flys Aer Lingus aircraft .

One of these state that the pilots who fly AL aircraft are on the seniority list. Direct entry Captains are sought for the Belfast base ( under worse pay and Conditions of service and pension )and this deprives someone more senior on the seniority list from that position.

Basic stuff I think you all agree.

V

water check
4th Sep 2007, 04:19
sounds like CX management tactics!